• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August Heritage Auction

312 posts in this topic

To be honest, that's more than I was intending to spend. Raw or slabbed? How's the page quality? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would say it is a 9.6, 9.8 if submitted on a Monday. And the pages are bone white. The cover gloss is outstanding. insane.gif

I'm trying to slowly put together a nice superhero vehicle lifting cover collection.

If tanks count you should go for Green Lantern #5 and Speed Comics #1, two cool covers! thumbsup2.gif

West

I'm trying to slowly put together a nice superhero vehicle lifting cover collection.

If tanks count you should go for Green Lantern #5 and Speed Comics #1, two cool covers! thumbsup2.gif

West

Thanks, I'll check them out. thumbsup2.gif

I'm only really considering one piece of art. Nothing else really moved me.

The OA to the Silver Surfer 4 cover makes me drool. insane.gif

Isn't that a recreation?

Yes, your right!?

Didn't read the fine print. foreheadslap.gif

I was just flipping through the catalog.

Lots of SA SS pages and I saw the pic and just assumed... blush.gif

Never use eBay, always go through Heritage. The eBay buyer's premium is a good bit higher.

I find the proxy bid system through their site a perfectly good option. But I wait until after the reserves have posted.

It's 5% higher through eBay, but I believe ebay bids count as floor bids. Bids through Heritage's site do not. I'm not sure it actually makes a difference, however. I'd rather do a phone bid for the extra 5%.

Thanks. I'm debating whether to blow money in this auction, depending on prices, or get involved in the Comic Heaven Auction, which is end of August. Heritage also has another auction scheduled for September 8/9.

Personally, I've always felt uncomfortable bidding in the Comic Heaven auction for the following two key reasons:

1) You are basically bidding blind since you don't know what the current bid is. Also means that you can only bid once since you are not provided with the opportunity to place a higher bid.

2) You are required to send in a 10% down payment on all of your bids, which is then refunded (slowly, I heard) back to you if you are not the successful bidder.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Thanks Lou. I've gotten their catalogs for about 15 years but have never bid on anything. The auction procedure always seemed a little strange to me. They do have some nice books, but nothing that spectacular and all of the books are raw. If anything I may shoot for something in the shallow end, but nothing too serious.

Thanks. I'm debating whether to blow money in this auction, depending on prices, or get involved in the Comic Heaven Auction, which is end of August. Heritage also has another auction scheduled for September 8/9.

Personally, I've always felt uncomfortable bidding in the Comic Heaven auction for the following two key reasons:

1) You are basically bidding blind since you don't know what the current bid is. Also means that you can only bid once since you are not provided with the opportunity to place a higher bid.

2) You are required to send in a 10% down payment on all of your bids, which is then refunded (slowly, I heard) back to you if you are not the successful bidder.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Worst. System. Ever.

Do they grade well, at least? There's a book I might actually be interested in.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Wow, that auction sounds screwy.gif I'd be surprised if consignors of books in this auction format would get good prices.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Wow, that auction sounds screwy.gif I'd be surprised if consignors of books in this auction format would get good prices.

I don't think there are any consigners. I think the books are all Verzyl's, procured throughout the year from his mutli-page Overstreet ad.