• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolute Kingdom Come

22 posts in this topic

If you got this, what did you think of it? I bought it yesterday and -- wow. I thouht it was one of the finest absolute volumes yet!

Care to elaborate on the goodies? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's a sweet, sweet character sketchbook which is, so far, what I've enjoyed the most. The sketchbook along with Ross details on the character development appears to be very hefty.

Not only that, the oversize format enhances the art -- all sorts of commentary and extras.

I actually bought one at full price, which I never do, because this looks worth it and I want the local stores here to keep ordering the premium items like this. Plus, this is something which I think any DC fan would want to own.

The Absolute format is incredible and once again, much like with their Archives, DC leads the way showing how to reprint older material.

Now -- I love the Masterworks, but when you compare the quality -- Archives or Masterworks, marvel HCs v. Absolute editions, the premium DC item is always just that little notch higher.

Absolute Kingdom Come ranks up there with Absolute Authority vol. 1, Absolute Watchmen and Absolute Planetary (an honorable mention ot Absolute Crisis) as the best volumes thus far.

I already bought one deluxe edition of KC, the two-book slipcased edition from about 9 years ago with the page signed by Busiek and Ross. Plus I have the trading card set, which is really hard to find unopened boxes of these days. I was thinking I'd like to build the auto'd set, but man, it's crazy. I think there were only 3000 boxes made. Anyway, I'd love to have this, but enough's enough. |New Frontier| can't get here fast enough, though.

Started reading it last night.. Enjoying it imensly

Since my single issue copies are Sealed and graded is the bit with Clark, Diana and Buce at restaurant at end in the original book or created for this edition

Yes.

One of the best Possible future stories I have read in a while

how many other possible future stories have you read in a while makepoint.gif

Yes.

Dark Knight Returns

Wolverine: The End

Punisher: The End

Earth X

Universe X

Paradise X

Yes.

Dark Knight Returns

Earth X

Universe X

Paradise X

JLA #0 smirk.gif

Yes.

Dark Knight Returns

Earth X

Universe X

Paradise X

i can see why you picked kingdom come over those, but it's like comparing rotten apples to rotten pears.

Since my single issue copies are Sealed and graded is the bit with Clark, Diana and Buce at restaurant at end in the original book or created for this edition

it was in the trade, so I'm guessing in the actual issue as well

It was an additional sequence created for the trade - I don't think it was in Kingdom Come #4.

It was an additional sequence created for the trade - I don't think it was in Kingdom Come #4.

No, it wasn't in the regular issues. It was added for the trade. I have the the originals and the softback trade, don't think I'll be getting this one. I loved the story though.