• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting the Copper Age

17 posts in this topic

For a while now, I have been trying to collect comics from the Copper Age.

Here are some issues:

1. Trying to locate the top ten Copper Age comics is to difficult!! Print runs are to small!

2. Recently, I had access to a large collection of Copper Age comics however, half of the comics where damaged due to poor storage.

3. Most the titles I saw are not even listed in the Overstreet. So many independents!! I can't buy it if I don't know what it is!!

Question:

1. Can anyone recommend any comics from the Copper Age to collect?

2. Do you have difficulty collecting the Copper Age premium comics?

However, this age seems to be more difficult than any other age of comics.

I don't know why you'd say that, as there are tons of low-cost Copper books out there, and only a very small percentage are worth anything. I would think this would be heaven to CA collectors, much like the 1980's were for me collecting Bronze Age books.

However, this age seems to be more difficult than any other age of comics.

I don't know why you'd say that, as there are tons of low-cost Copper books out there, and only a very small percentage are worth anything. I would think this would be heaven to CA collectors, much like the 1980's were for me collecting Bronze Age books.

I know there are many low cost copper age comics but I need to find the premium comics. The low cost copper age books does not appeal to me!! I can't find any but living in Canada (Toronto) it is hard to find anything of any value or rarity!!

The reason why this age is so difficult is the reasons I stated above!

1. Bad Storage

2. Small print runs

3. Too many unknowns (independent comics)

Collecting the bronze age is almost over and soon everyone will start collecting the Copper Age. I just want to be prepared!!!

I know there are many low cost copper age comics but I need to find the premium comics. The low cost copper age books does not appeal to me!!

I have changed your subject accordingly. foreheadslap.gif

Well, here are some of the more expensive copper age books:

TMNT # 1

Albedo # 2

Spider-Man # 238

Spider-Man # 300

I, Lusiphur # 1

Milk and Cheese # 1 (1st print)

GI Joe # 21

Miracle Man Gold # 1

These are the types of books I am looking for but there print runs are to small. Except the spidermans and Gi joe!!!

I know there are many low cost copper age comics but I need to find the premium comics. The low cost copper age books does not appeal to me!!

I have changed your subject accordingly. foreheadslap.gif

Thanks for the advice and I have edited the topic.

Those DC #1 s from the 80's are sure to be very valuable. Hex #1, Doom Patrol #1, Arak #1, Firestorm #1, Omega Men #1, etc. If you're looking for quantity I'm sure I can cut you a good deal! smile.gif

These are the types of books I am looking for but there print runs are to small.

You've got to be kidding. Either that or your trying, very badly I might add, to hype books that you already have in your collection. foreheadslap.gif

These are the types of books I am looking for but there print runs are to small.

You've got to be kidding. Either that or your trying, very badly I might add, to hype books that you already have in your collection. foreheadslap.gif

Huh?

Albedo 2 = 2,000 print run

TMNT 1 = 3,000 print run

I, Lusiphur 1 = 2,000 print run

Milk and Cheese 1 = 3,000 or 5,000 print run (I forget)

Miracle Man 1 Gold had a small run (I don't know the exact #)

Only the Spideys and the GI Joe had significant runs.

Huh?

TMNT 1 = 3,000 print run

So you don't think the original poster didn't already know that, and has no agenda at all? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Huh?

TMNT 1 = 3,000 print run

So you don't think the original poster didn't already know that, and has no agenda at all? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thank you!!! Someone who knows what I am talking about.

Trying to hype copper age comics would be a waste of time. I have a lot of Golden Age comics that I would rather hype up. Note: I do not have one single top ten comic from the copper age. I am just mentioning that they are hard to locate especially in high grade.

the CA comics worth going after now have not yet revealed themselves. Men in Black, Sin City, etc., stuff that got made into movies, has already popped. MIB already went down and I doubt another sequel would make much of a difference at this point. Is there anything else in there that wasn't printed in huge numbers that might have a Hollywood angle to it? That's where the action probably is going to be. There were a ton of Indie titles put out during that period.

Watchmen was printed in such huge numbers I don't know if a movie will have a huge impact, but then again, maybe it would result in copies selling for closer to guide, which would be a big deal.

For a while now, I have been trying to collect comics from the Copper Age.

Here are some issues:

1. Trying to locate the top ten Copper Age comics is to difficult!! Print runs are to small!

2. Recently, I had access to a large collection of Copper Age comics however, half of the comics where damaged due to poor storage.

3. Most the titles I saw are not even listed in the Overstreet. So many independents!! I can't buy it if I don't know what it is!!

Question:

1. Can anyone recommend any comics from the Copper Age to collect?

2. Do you have difficulty collecting the Copper Age premium comics?

You are right. I am one of several collectors who like to collect the entire output from a single publisher. You would think it was easy to complete all the comics that publishers like Defiant, Broadway, Crossgen and Speakeasy put out but it often proves a lot harder than people think. Even Pacific can be harder than you would think.

Earl.

I, Lusiphur # 1

WTF! GPA lists 5 different graded copies of this book -- 7.5, 8.5, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6. But the CGC Census only lists 3 total graded copies (in 2 grades) -- 1 9.6 and 2 9.2s. Is the census off that much?