• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash Comics scarcity question

43 posts in this topic

Ok, not my genre, but I did have that issue of CBM. And it was actually in the same box as my one GA comic, Slam Bang # 3.

Some back up info from the article published in 1992.

The numbers represent the objective data set of copies offered for sale to the general public during the past six years. This was pre- eBay.

Additionally, they asked the leading experts at the time and the books they said were rarest were:

Flash # 82

Flash # 103

Flash# 77

Hello,

I have spent the last 12 years putting together a high grade run (pedegree) run of Flashes..focussing on the Moldoff covers. The CBM article by Pat Kochanek was acurate in some accounts but off the mark on a few others. If you are taking high grade into considerarion, I have found that #9, #13, #27, #29, #6, and #2 are the most difficult. Someone else asked what were their favorite covers in the Flash run, mine are: #9, #14, #7, #10, #8, #37, #33. In response to someone asking about the #37 (birds), believe me, the 9.6 San Francisco is a beauty.

Dwight Fuhro

I had a tennis match that went over 4 hours. 893whatthe.gif My legs feel very wobbily.

I can't imagine how that's possible! Are you guys the king of the moonballs? 20-stroke points?

He was a drop shot/lob player. Got back everything I threw at him with no pace on the ball at all. Early in the first set, I realized that my game wasn't working against him, so I matched his game completely. So, yes, probably the majority of points were 20-stroke points, and he definitely took his time between points and games.

I finally beat him 6-4, 6-7, 6-3. An hour for the first set, and 90 minutes for each of the 2nd and 3rd. He told me afterwards that most players, many of whom are much stronger players than he is, march off the court in frustration halfway through the 2nd set. I'm glad I won, but I certainly don't feel the need to play that guy again.

I think those Flash Comics (as well as the early Actions) are ebayer "grimhourman"s books. They usually get relisted every few weeks or so as a group.

Isn't he the guy from Alaska who posted on here some time back? He's got some solid books, but he's certainly not interested in selling them. He baits the same hooks all the time with no discernable bites (although I suppose at those prices he only needs to sell a few a year to be ok).

edit: I think his name may have been "grimstarman", actually

I think I bought his #11 on clink (which had an ugly datestamp on the cover and was a soft 6.0 IMO) but he came down to about $600 from $750. Not a bad deal if it was the same seller. I think it is, as there was never an 9 for sale. I have a bid in on his 15 which is probably a tad low.

I think those Flash Comics (as well as the early Actions) are ebayer "grimhourman"s books. They usually get relisted every few weeks or so as a group.

Isn't he the guy from Alaska who posted on here some time back? He's got some solid books, but he's certainly not interested in selling them. He baits the same hooks all the time with no discernable bites (although I suppose at those prices he only needs to sell a few a year to be ok).

edit: I think his name may have been "grimstarman", actually

You're right, I believe he did post on the boards a few years ago. He did start as grimstarman, but I think he changed his username on ebay last I saw to grimhourman.

I had a tennis match that went over 4 hours. 893whatthe.gif My legs feel very wobbily.

I can't imagine how that's possible! Are you guys the king of the moonballs? 20-stroke points?

He was a drop shot/lob player. Got back everything I threw at him with no pace on the ball at all. Early in the first set, I realized that my game wasn't working against him, so I matched his game completely. So, yes, probably the majority of points were 20-stroke points, and he definitely took his time between points and games.

I finally beat him 6-4, 6-7, 6-3. An hour for the first set, and 90 minutes for each of the 2nd and 3rd. He told me afterwards that most players, many of whom are much stronger players than he is, march off the court in frustration halfway through the 2nd set. I'm glad I won, but I certainly don't feel the need to play that guy again.

4 hours for 3 sets! 893whatthe.gif

Moonballs or not that's brutal!

48 hours later and I'm still feeling it. But I think I'll be back on the court tomorrow. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

48 hours later and I'm still feeling it. But I think I'll be back on the court tomorrow. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I wish I was. My tennis partner moved to Florida earlier this year. frown.gif