• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going comic shopping...

44 posts in this topic

one time my wife found an ad for some comics near where i live.

said hundreds of comics old and new. sure enough there we're

hundreds of comics but all new [embarrassing lack of self control] except 2.

hulk 181 in vf and x-men 100 30 cent variant nm.

Comicdey, let us know how yours turns out. Hope it's better than my "find"! thumbsup2.gif

Going out tonight to check it out.

I'll post my findings...... I may need some "investors".

When you use his bathroom, make sure you don't flush the toilet.

Then be sure to PM his address to Mica so he can go see it.

I suppose it's one of those There and Back Again things. confused-smiley-013.gif

how was he trying to sell it, as alot?

did he have 10, 12 and 15 cent books like he said?

He was selling them individually. I was hoping to find a couple of hidden gems or something in what he had. Many, many of his were moderns. He had some 10 cent, etc, but none in any kind of collecting-grade condition.

Comicdey, let us know how yours turns out. Hope it's better than my "find"! thumbsup2.gif

Well, It was quite an accumulation of DC 12 cent issues with a smattering of 10 cent issue and some later books (about 4,500 books). No major keys and mainly mid grade with a few nicer here and there. There were a few nice Tomahawks (fine range 121 etc.) Lots of superman, superman's pal, superman's girlfriend, TOS after 65, Strange Tales 116 up with many in the 130's, some decent DC annuals with a few higher grade, lots of esoteric stuff, but mainly DC books. A few 10 cent marvels pre hero types, some ASM, DD, FF, Avengers, War, etc. Small boxes packed tight, bagged and boarded but not in any semblance of order.

Well, It was quite an accumulation of DC 12 cent issues with a smattering of 10 cent issue and some later books (about 4,500 books). No major keys and mainly mid grade with a few nicer here and there. There were a few nice Tomahawks (fine range 121 etc.) Lots of superman, superman's pal, superman's girlfriend, TOS after 65, Strange Tales 116 up with many in the 130's, some decent DC annuals with a few higher grade, lots of esoteric stuff, but mainly DC books. A few 10 cent marvels pre hero types, some ASM, DD, FF, Avengers, War, etc. Small boxes packed tight, bagged and boarded but not in any semblance of order.

Man, this stuff seems to grow on trees in Alaska. Either that or your Spider Sense is strong, young one hail.gif

So are you buying them?

Man, this stuff seems to grow on trees in Alaska. Either that or your Spider Sense is strong, young one hail.gif

So are you buying them?

I don't think so, unless the ones in storage impress me significantly. I'll probabaly check them out later in the week or next week. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

news.gif

Ok, so I found out later yesterday that the guy apparently has a copy of X-Men #1. I don't know the condition, but as I said in another post, it sounded to me like maybe a 2.0-3.0, possibly higher. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'm trying to prepare some sort of offer now. I'll probably go back tomorrow to check it out if I have time. I'm still trying to decide what exactly to offer though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

news.gif

Ok, so I found out later yesterday that the guy apparently has a copy of X-Men #1. I don't know the condition, but as I said in another post, it sounded to me like maybe a 2.0-3.0, possibly higher. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'm trying to prepare some sort of offer now. I'll probably go back tomorrow to check it out if I have time. I'm still trying to decide what exactly to offer though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thats all he has..anything else???

Apparently that's all he wanted to tell me about. I don't know. Yeah, that's it, unless he found another box or something. I guess i'll check when I go back. I think I can get the X-Men copy for a pretty good deal, I'll post back here if I get it.

whats he looking for price wise?

wish i could find something like that.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm still in contact with him, and need to see the rest of the group. Right now I"m not even sure how many he has for sure, and to what extent the accumulation is SA and GA. The books in storage could be all modern drek, but I'm thinking not as they are so Random in nature.

Right now I know he wants to try to sell the whole collection as one group, so I'll keep you informed.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm still in contact with him, and need to see the rest of the group. Right now I"m not even sure how many he has for sure, and to what extent the accumulation is SA and GA. The books in storage could be all modern drek, but I'm thinking not as they are so Random in nature.

Right now I know he wants to try to sell the whole collection as one group, so I'll keep you informed.

1347699-PICT0129.JPG1347699-PICT0126.JPG

This is about 25% of the collection...all 12 centers and some 10 and a few later.

1347699-PICT0126.JPG.8012787ec9f3d286a5606d5e2d6c2d0e.JPG

confused-smiley-013.gif

1347699-PICT0129.JPG1347699-PICT0126.JPG

This is about 25% of the collection...all 12 centers and some 10 and a few later.

I'm going to try and check out the remainder of the collection this weekend........anyone have an interest in these books after I post my findings...?

I"m thinking I'll help him sell them as he doesn't know much about books pre-1990.

Update,

Been delayed, but going to check out the remainder 75% of the collection tomorrow.....

I have a very good idea what he's looking to get these days.

He said he thinks there are 26,000 comics,

and I know for a fact at least 25% are SA with a smattering of GA.