• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade: Superman #8

21 posts in this topic

Just for fun. Here's another slabbed GA Superman I've come across in my travels. (No back cover scan, but let's assume it's consistent or better than the front.) What grade do you think CGC gave it?

superman8crop.jpg

I put 2.5 by mistake instead of 4.5 and no one said anything makepoint.gif

Taking a better look at it tough I say 4.0

No take backs..... sumo.gif

Besides you never know, you may be right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Golden age is tough...sometimes you can be off..

Thanks for playing, guys! Here's the slabbed book so you can see for yourselves. To be quite honest, I probably would have guessed 3.5 to 4.0 on this book myself, with the slight chipping, staple wear and spine-area wear. You guys are good! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1345068-supe8.jpg

1345068-supe8.jpg.1e0f3d9dc03cada77bbb07cb0a314f50.jpg

Just for fun. Here's another slabbed GA Superman I've come across in my travels. (No back cover scan, but let's assume it's consistent or better than the front.) What grade do you think CGC gave it?

superman8crop.jpg

Before reading the thread, I'm guessing 3.5 as it looks slightly brittle on the edges. Nice colors though.

Missed it by a 1/2 grade... makepoint.gif

Thanks for playing, guys! Here's the slabbed book so you can see for yourselves. To be quite honest, I probably would have guessed 3.5 to 4.0 on this book myself, with the slight chipping, staple wear and spine-area wear. You guys are good! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1345068-supe8.jpg

893whatthe.gif i wasn't home 4.5 is a good deal 893applaud-thumb.gif

i would have said 3.5 but CGC rules 893scratchchin-thumb.gif