• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC? CGC it. Not CGC. Non-CGC. Spamalicious.

21 posts in this topic

CGC it (22 listings)

Not CGC (18 listings)

Non CGC (21 listings)

CGC? (at least 100 listings...)

CGC when it's actually a PGX graded book (? listings)

I've tried reporting some auctions for keyword spamming but they never get pulled.

Am I the only one that gets pissed off at this stuff? Maybe I'm being too sensitive.

CGC it (22 listings)

Not CGC (18 listings)

Non CGC (21 listings)

I've tried reporting some auctions for keyword spamming but they never get pulled.

Am I the only one that gets pissed off at this stuff? Maybe I'm being too sensitive.

No, you certainly are not alone...........

To fix this, they need a certified comic section within eBay. Since one of the charters for CGC to exist is to make it easier for those buying comics over the internet, I'm wondering if CGC has/will take this to eBay corporate and "help" them solve this. I suspect that this would be a great PR move for both companies.

I'm all for solving this problem once and for all. I shouldn't have to do filtered searches.

CGC it (22 listings)

Not CGC (18 listings)

Non CGC (21 listings)

Search:

CGC -(not,non, ready,it,worthy, ?)

CGC it (22 listings)

Not CGC (18 listings)

Non CGC (21 listings)

Search:

Yeah, I could, but why should I have to do that to avoid spammers?

What about when it evolves into "no CGC" "could be CGC" "try CGC" "CGC possibility" etc? Do I just keep adding to some infinitely long string of search parameters? makepoint.gif

If you've got the eBay page where I can report these mofos, I'm happy to cut and paste auction numbers all night long... thumbsup2.gif

That's the thing, I've reported many of these auctions yet they never get pulled. frown.gif

CGC it (22 listings)

Not CGC (18 listings)

Non CGC (21 listings)

Search:

Try this one…

CGC 9. -it, -if, -not, -ready, -able, -worthy, -would, -should, -yet, -cgg, -quality, -pgx, -needs, -rdy, -candidate, -must, -this, -material, -maybe, -photo, -possible,

thumbsup2.gif

To fix this, they need a certified comic section within eBay. Since one of the charters for CGC to exist is to make it easier for those buying comics over the internet, I'm wondering if CGC has/will take this to eBay corporate and "help" them solve this. I suspect that this would be a great PR move for both companies.

I'm all for solving this problem once and for all. I shouldn't have to do filtered searches.

Sterling, a graded comics category would be more convenient but it sure as heck wouldn't stop the problem. eBay doesn't "police" it's categories so anybody can put anything they want in whatever category. That is why more than half of the listings in SILVER AGE are Modern, Bronze, etc...

So really the only solution is to use the advanced search commands suggested by the poster above me

Thank goodness eBay doesn't enforce categories! That's how one often finds some great deals. Last year I bought a Golden Age BLB in the Books section and resold it in the Comics section for mucho$$.

In any case, there are far too many auctions - millions of them - for them to enforce such a thing.

But they are pretty slapdash with enforcing 'keyword spamming.' I was recently trying to sell a PlayStation 3-related domain name, and they pulled the auction saying I was spamming 'PS3' - even though it was perfectly relevant and had everything to do with the auction.

Nobody has "Raw it" or "Raw ready"? smirk.gif

Because you asked for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140018331031

I wonder if he's copying me?

I did some of that last year. 27_laughing.gif

Sheit, now I feel like Butters in the Seapeople "the Simpsons did it" episode.

That is you? foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

Last Jan/Feb after I got my last modern CGC lot back I listed a pair of auctions with one "Raw Ready" and the other "Raw it" in the title. I was mocking the CGC spammers during a 10 cent listing day.

Didn't help much since no one bit... sorry.gif

Nobody has "Raw it" or "Raw ready"? smirk.gif

Because you asked for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140018331031

I wonder if he's copying me?

I did some of that last year. 27_laughing.gif

Sheit, now I feel like Butters in the Seapeople "the Simpsons did it" episode.

That is you? foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

Last Jan/Feb after I got my last modern CGC lot back I listed a pair of auctions with one "Raw Ready" and the other "Raw it" in the title. I was mocking the CGC spammers during a 10 cent listing day.

Didn't help much since no one bit... sorry.gif

Yes, that's my seller ID. I thought it would be a good joke in response to your original comment. BTW, CGC was a little harsh on that grade, it's at least an 8.0.

The parody may not help the sale, but hey, it's worth a laugh.