• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Group Shot Thread

178 posts in this topic

Mighty nice books Rick! Makes me a tad nostalgic. You think we'll ever see an unrestored #4?

Hey Scott, nice to hear from you...I think.

Why do you say..."I think"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is your post a not-so-subtle hint at the #4 I just bought?

Or did you type in the wrong # ??

Or are you referring to a #4 in 9.4 condition??

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

I meant door #3. An unrestored #4 in 9.4 or better.

Mighty nice books Rick! Makes me a tad nostalgic. You think we'll ever see an unrestored #4?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

I think he meant #3.

Unless he was talking about your #4. poke2.gif

I meant a #4 in 9.4 or better. Although the same can be said for a #3 as well.

Just realized I went past 10,000 in the last day or so! blush.gif Never even noticed! foreheadslap.gif

Not bad for a guy who avoided chat/message boards. grin.gifpoke2.gif

Guess once you got the hang of it you found this wasn't so bad after all. devil.gif27_laughing.gif

Congrats on passing the 10k mark. 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifflowerred.gif

Just think. You're 1/6th of the way to B&B 28. devil.gifhail.gifhail.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifangel.gif

It's tempting alright... but alas... I need to continue forward and sell off to acquire my true love of Strange Tales.

bold but admirable!

Wel it's true for a lot of guys once your've had a certain book, it's like montain climb next challenge please. ST's here you come, but D&S, I have to take my hat off ...they are stunner's!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

I think he meant #3.

Unless he was talking about your #4. poke2.gif

I meant a #4 in 9.4 or better. Although the same can be said for a #3 as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an unrestored #4 in 9.4 at all. What makes you think it would be so unlikely?

I would be pretty surprised (or at least very impressed) to see an unrestored #3 in 9.4, however.

It's tempting alright... but alas... I need to continue forward and sell off to acquire my true love of Strange Tales.

bold but admirable!

Wel it's true for a lot of guys once your've had a certain book, it's like montain climb next challenge please. ST's here you come, but D&S, I have to take my hat off ...they are stunner's!!!

Thanks Mr. Pym!! I enjoyed them while I had them. Your analogy is spot on!! It is like reaching the top of the mountain. Once you're at the personal comic "summit" it's time to go to the next challenge.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an unrestored #4 in 9.4 at all. What makes you think it would be so unlikely?

Oh I would.

Not saying it doesn't exist, but one available for sale..?

C'mon Tim, you know how more loyal we DC collectors are than Marvel; we don't sell unless we absolutely, positively, have to. And even then we hesitate!

And remember, I've been searching since '85 (guess I gotta work on my "connections").

Rick

Oh I would.

Not saying it doesn't exist, but one available for sale..?

C'mon Tim, you know how more loyal we DC collectors are than Marvel; we don't sell unless we absolutely, positively, have to. And even then we hesitate!

And remember, I've been searching since '85 (guess I gotta work on my "connections").

Rick

Sorry, I was just saying come into existence, rather than go on sale. You're right about the sale part.

:bump:

Resurrecting an old thread. Lots of links are dead but there are still a lot of cool shots in here.

Here's an Avengers 1-100 group shot I put together today while playing around with some software.

Avengers1-100.jpg