• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

September Heritage Auction

173 posts in this topic

I've been looking for the "incredibly rare scans" from a year ago -- anyone find them?

Ian, I have a public question for you about an extremely rare giveaway: the 1930s Taylor's Department Story Christmas Giveaway, which had, amidst all the underwear ads and wrench sets, a (series?) of pre-Superman Siegel/Shuster comic strips, including "Battle in the Stratosphere."

It's listed in the Guide (1 copy), but I've yet to find who has it. I've asked most of the major collectors (esp. of Superman stuff) and no one seems to know. Do you? Any help would be much appreciated.

and I second any expansion of the promotional section! Always really good stuff in there.

-Brad

www.lastson.greendoorfilms.com

Hi Ian,

I registered on your website, but it's telling me that my username and password are invalid. I went through registration process again, but it's telling me that my e-mail address and username already exist. Thanks.

Try again with a different username.

We had a lot of trolls, so the Mods are being more cautious, while still wanting to admit everyone who's genuine.

If you still can't get on, is there a way to send an e-mail to Andy Fairclough, the site administrator ??

I don't recall ever receiving the information on those that we asked for in order to verify and add them, but it's all in the past now anyway. Good luck to you both.

Hi Arnold.

Are you still a Mod on OG ??

Anyway, to answer your comment, on 28th June 2005, you posted the following...

I didn't really stop to look at the scans before but I can see you're absolutely right. Do you know what the actual contents are of those Japanese giveaways and the cooking one? Not necessary information per se, but it would certainly be nice to know.

In any event, I'll jot down those three. Hey, at least it's a start.

And those three that you agred to jot down STILL never made it to the Guide.

I know you're not involved any more, but I was just correcting what you said above.

Hi Ian,

I registered on your website, but it's telling me that my username and password are invalid. I went through registration process again, but it's telling me that my e-mail address and username already exist. Thanks.

Try again with a different username.

We had a lot of trolls, so the Mods are being more cautious, while still wanting to admit everyone who's genuine.

If you still can't get on, is there a way to send an e-mail to Andy Fairclough, the site administrator ??

I received the confirmation e-mail an hour later. It's all good. thumbsup2.gif

I am still a Mod on OG Ian, yes.

And you're also right about those three I wrote down the info about. It was literally within a month or two of that when I was moved over to begin working on the museum, and those notes were just passed along, so unfortunately I was never able to have any direct role in putting them in. As far as those went, the victims of the circumstances at the time.

And you're also right about those three I wrote down the info about. It was literally within a month or two of that when I was moved over to begin working on the museum, and those notes were just passed along, so unfortunately I was never able to have any direct role in putting them in. As far as those went, the victims of the circumstances at the time.

Indeed.

As were the list I painstakingly gave over the phone to Tom Gordon in 2003, which were promised to be included in the 2004 Guide.

Never saw any such list so I can't speak to that.

But if you step back and view the picture objectively, you can probably understand why I feel a little disgruntled. And why I reached the conclusion that no-one at Overstreet gives a s h ! t