• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Philly Comic Con Sunday Aug 20th Essington, PA

13 posts in this topic

Same place as always, and I'll be there from 10 til noon wandering the floor -- trying to find something to buy, but probably walking out with nothing unless I get a surprise from Gary Platt, Dave Reynolds or Al Stoltz -- and find something that's on want list -- either way it should be a great and fun show...

www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

The show is always fun, and kudos to Derek Woywood for keeping it running,

Al Stoltz didn't set up at the show.

Oops, I don't know why I said Al. sorry.gif Al wasn't there...it was some guy with a bunch of moderns and some other guy in his spot.

I think I was thinking of Dave Reynolds...

Oops, I don't know why I said Al. sorry.gif Al wasn't there...it was some guy with a bunch of moderns and some other guy in his spot.

Koop was back... didn't have a chance to look through Dave's stuff --

I picked up a Thor 129 CGC 9.4 from Bob Siman who was wandering the floor (long on my wantlist), an ASM 100 9.0 ow/w from Gary Platt and a few bronze DC beauties from GP as well...

Koop was back... didn't have a chance to look through Dave's stuff --

I picked up a Thor 129 CGC 9.4 from Bob Siman who was wandering the floor (long on my wantlist), an ASM 100 9.0 ow/w from Gary Platt and a few bronze DC beauties from GP as well...

Yeah, Koop had the very end spot next to where Al normally sets up. When I got there he was screaming at some guy that was looking through his books. Something about him asking him too many times for a deal. It was sort of embarrassing...

Sounds like you had a good haul!

Koop had the very end spot next to where Al normally sets up. When I got there he was screaming at some guy that was looking through his books. Something about him asking him too many times for a deal. It was sort of embarrassing...

That does't sound like the Koop I know. The guy that he was screaming at must have asked for it because they don't get much more low-key than Koop.

Koop had the very end spot next to where Al normally sets up. When I got there he was screaming at some guy that was looking through his books. Something about him asking him too many times for a deal. It was sort of embarrassing...

That does't sound like the Koop I know. The guy that he was screaming at must have asked for it because they don't get much more low-key than Koop.

I caught the very end of the confrontation. I agree, Koop tends to be a pretty mellow guy. I was surprised as the entire floor pretty much stopped and stared.

Oh well, at least the bootleggers seemed to be making out well.

I know what you mean. What's up with those guys anyway. I feel like it's a waste of good comic space when those guys show up.

I caught the very end of the confrontation. I agree, Koop tends to be a pretty mellow guy. I was surprised as the entire floor pretty much stopped and stared.

Mr. Mellow here.

Indeed the man whom I was addressing did certainly deserve my rath.

He wasn't trying to get a deal. He wanted to trade in his junky color touched silver age. I made this mistake a few years ago. I gave him a fair trade value and later when I looked closely at the books. Every single one of them was color touched.

So basically, he was told years ago that i won't trade with him anymore.

So here is he last Sunday trying to trade me more crappy comics and kept insisting that I should look at them. And here I am trying to be nice and decllining to look and he keeps insisting that I take a look.

After the fourth time he mentioned it, I let him have it.

Something to the effect of. ....'since you are going to persist in trying to get me to look at your books, I am going to remind you that we went through this before and now I am reminding of what occurred in the past and that I'm not interested in trading for your color touched books. Quit asking me!

Also, this particular has been suspected my several dealers to be stealing. I stuck up for him because he was almost barred from the show. He's not a thief. Just a color touch artist. Meaning he is welcome to buy from me at my booth but I never need to see what he is trying to trade or sell.

BTW, I typically don't read this board. I did here about this from one of my spies

who are everywhere! wink.gif He made it sound way worse than what I'm reading here.

I'm happy to read that I am perceived as Mr. Mellow! cloud9.gif

mellow one siging out!

koop