• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The coolest place next door to a comic book store.

42 posts in this topic

Hey, Mata Hari, Bobby Orr's Power Play, and the Evel Knieval machine are problably my faves from the 70's.

However, nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Fun House. I'm still bugging my wife to get one of these machines. I thing the agreement we have worked out is: I make lots of money, we build an addition, I get a machine.

So buy lots of my 'Toon Tumblers wink.gif

My LCS is right next door to a Starbucks...

sometimes it's the little things that mean so much tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

Mine is right next to a pizza joint...good thing the pizza sucks... wink.gif

Luckily Starbucks is just across the street...and Dunkin' Donuts is 1,000 feet away... cloud9.gif

Hey, Mata Hari, Bobby Orr's Power Play, and the Evel Knieval machine are problably my faves from the 70's.

However, nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Fun House. I'm still bugging my wife to get one of these machines. I thing the agreement we have worked out is: I make lots of money, we build an addition, I get a machine.

So buy lots of my 'Toon Tumblers wink.gif

Are you gonna be set up in Baltimore next month? I have a booth for the show. I saw you at the New York Con back In February but it got so crowded I never got back to you. I was doing my order for Diamond yesterday and saw the solicitation for these,but if you'll be set up in Baltimore I'll pick'em up there. thanks! Joey

Pinball rocks! I also used to play lots of Centipede and Digdug during my college years. cloud9.gif

My brother just opened a game store here in Michigan, and he sells comics on a pull basis (he has a few big sellers on display). His store is between a Christian bookstore grin.gif and a coffee shop.

You should have seen the look on the Christian bookstore owner's face when she came in and saw the D&D book section. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

My LCS is right next door to a Starbucks...

sometimes it's the little things that mean so much tongue.gif

Every business has a Starbucks right next door you idgit.

poke2.gif

And On Topic, My wife and I spent several hundred hours playing The Adams Family Pinball game at a local bar during their $5 Import pitcher beer night every Sunday night after we got off work.

As a kid there was a Rodeo/Western Pinball game I remember from the 70's that was my favorite.

Ze-

I remember a Guns N' Roses pinball machine that came out in the 90's. It was in the arcade across from NCSU (they actually had several pinball machines, now that I think about it). I remember it would play snippets of their songs if you got a certain score or something like that. I remember thinking it was odd to see that "modern" of a theme/band on a pinball machine, because pinball machines were something that I associated with days gone by.

As a kid there was a Rodeo/Western Pinball game I remember from the 70's that was my favorite.

Ze-

Possibly this one?

999ZBBYUGB.jpg

I used to play that machine at the bowling alley up in Maine when I stayed with my cousin...I always loved to here the loud KNOCK whenever I earned a free ball cloud9.gif ....which was quite often ... acclaim.gif

One of the LCSs is located in a mall between a Spencer's Gifts and I believe a Hallmark store with an EB Games right across the hall. (Hall? What would you call the interior walkway of a mall? I need coffee)

-Fumblin Bob

don't know if someone already mentioned this place....

but in wheaton md there's a great old comic shop

called barbarian books. been there forever.

well right across the ally is the best vintage toy

shop i've ever seen. it's called the toy exchange.

here is the link. check it out...

toy exchange

Back in the seventies (when we were teens), Philly had a two story place on Walnut Street between 20th and 21st. The comic shop was upstairs. Downstairs was The Pleasure Chest. Need I explain their specialty?

P.S.: The comic book shop is long gone, but The Pleasure Chest lives on!

don't know if someone already mentioned this place....

but in wheaton md there's a great old comic shop

called barbarian books. been there forever.

well right across the ally is the best vintage toy

shop i've ever seen. it's called the toy exchange.

here is the link. check it out...

toy exchange

When I first started collecting 30 cent variants back in (ugggh) 97-'98, I found about 20 in that store, including the first WBN 39 variant to be found (I remember calling up Jon McClure who cajoled me into get a photocopy for him to send to Overstreet). Great place, but what a freakin' mess. And the first day I went there, a bunch of punks tried to rip the place off.

The toy store is also great---unfortunately, I would go in and the guy working there knew I problably wouldn't buy anything unless he had character glasses. Consequently, he'd become annoyed that he had to even pay attention to me. Honestly, he seemed worried that I was gonna steal something. Nice, eh?

"Stay away from the clock!"

"I thought we were friends!"

"I'm not happy with you now!"

"Burppppp!!"

Burpppp? How genteel. I always thought of it as more of a "gurgle, gurgle, yaaacck" grin.gif

Nice to know another Funhouse fan. Now, where's lighthouse.

"Stay away from the clock!"

"I thought we were friends!"

"I'm not happy with you now!"

"Burppppp!!"

Burpppp? How genteel. I always thought of it as more of a "gurgle, gurgle, yaaacck" grin.gif

Nice to know another Funhouse fan. Now, where's lighthouse.

I periodically will stare at my friends and say "I see you now" in Rudy's voice... None of them ever played, so it always goes over well...

I have more important things to do with my money right now, but the wife is already aware that at some point in the next three or four years, Rudy is moving in with us. thumbsup2.gif