• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonCon - Does it Count?

36 posts in this topic

You going?

Probably not. Most of the dealers set up at local shows and I have 4 weeks in a row of comics starting in late october.

Which shows are you going to for those 4 weeks. I know Atlanta con is sometime in Nov, but what else is coming up?

10/21 & 10/22 Nashville

10/28 Greenville

11/5 Atlanta

11/12 Charlotte

is powell still the only good guest at nashville?

Powell is a pretty darn good guest. Hester was there last year too.

Just got back from the parade. Wow, it was a great event. Thousands of people lined the streets and the costumes rocked. Definitely worth driving down there and paying for parking. Of course, the registration line went outside and wrapped around the block. The wait was at least 2 hours. I'm glad that I made the choice not to attend.

This show was pretty poor. I'm glad Dave Lloyd was there. I'm not sure if I go to this show for nostalgia's sake now more than anything else.

The Sunday entrance fee ($30) was a little ridiculous though.

I seen clips of the parade on the news this morning seems pretty cool. Alot of Storm troopers and other pretty cool costumes

The costume stuff is cool, I'll give ya that. Its kind of funny to get the reactions of people in the hotel/pedestrians in the ATL to all these people dressed up.

This show was pretty poor. I'm glad Dave Lloyd was there. I'm not sure if I go to this show for nostalgia's sake now more than anything else.

The fee was the main reason i only went one day. It just isnt worth it if you are only there for the comics.

The fee was the main reason i only went one day. It just isnt worth it if you are only there for the comics.
30 bucks for one day, that is kinda crazy and alot of people still went..wow

30 bucks for one day, that is kinda crazy and alot of people still went..wow

Its probably 95% sci-fi and fantasy now, so that's most of the people shelling out 30 bucks.

I went this year (wife's idea, oddly enough). I was lukewarm on the whole thing when she asked me, but she ran down a few of the guests and I thought it would be fun to get to meet Al Feldstein. He was a pretty nice fellow and had a funny reaction when I told him that I had five Kurtzman file copies of Panic (his imitation of Mad that was published by EC at the same time).

Bob Burden is always an interesting character to talk to and I usually buy a few books of him when I see him.

Bill Sienkiewicz was a REALLY nice guy. I didn't even know he was going, but saw him sketching something and realized who it was. Told him that I liked his work and he showed me a brilliant sketch he'd done inside of someones elektra hardback,

Oh, and the dealers . . . Not very many, not very much stuff. Maybe 2 or 3 folks there with a decent amount of inventory. So not great if you actually wanted to buy comics, as everyone else has said, but enough interesting (bizarre?) fans and artists to make it worthwhile, at least for me.

Also, go on sunday afternoon. Not had a line either year I've gone on sunday.