• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE DC GA Humor Thread

96 posts in this topic

HAHAHA! I never paid much attention to FS#50 because its not dodo & frog, but thats a pretty funny "Suicide" cover! I am envious of the #28, great cover! I also really like the orange on the LEading comics, they didn't use that color enough. The Funny Stuff #46 is one of my faves, I was going to scan my copy tonight. I also really like the Flippity & Flop balloon cover, I don't have any of that run yet.

rjpb - I too had only seen his anthro stuff, after having this cover I really want to pick up some of this earlier work!

I have an issue of Fuuny Folks that has Doodles Duck by Mayer in it, I am not sure about the rest as I don't have other issues with him. In fact that book I have is the 1st Doodles Duck, which is wrongly noted in overstreet as dodo & the frog #80. Toonopedia had it as an earlier book, animal antics #40, but this comic is even older then that, so it appears to be his true 1st. I'll post the book later today.

I love the description on the cover "They Walk! they talk! They're just like humans, but they're all animals - And they're a riot" As if Funny Animal Books hadn't already been around for 5 years, and cartoons even longer foreheadslap.gif

Is it possible that the writer was being subtly sardonic?

If not I suppose it's the same with Kanigher and the DC war books. He'd reuse plots quite often because they were sure the audience turned over every four years or so.

Impressive detail on that bear trap picture.

Marc

I love the description on the cover "They Walk! they talk! They're just like humans, but they're all animals - And they're a riot" As if Funny Animal Books hadn't already been around for 5 years, and cartoons even longer foreheadslap.gif

Is it possible that the writer was being subtly sardonic?

I think he had a big space to fill on the cover, so he came up with some text. His art/action is going from side to side, yet the cover would be left with a gap at the bottom.

Ist App. of Spylot Bones, Nero Fox, King Oscar, Pelican Pete, Hugo Hornspred, and Frankie & Franny Flipper. Pshwew! I love the description on the cover "They Walk! they talk! They're just like humans, but they're all animals - And they're a riot" As if Funny Animal Books hadn't already been around for 5 years, and cartoons even longer foreheadslap.gif

Leading Comics #15

What's even sadder is how much of that hype I fell for as a youngster. crazy.gif

One of the things that really baffles me about the peter panda #5, is if you look at the bottom, at the yellow grass, and focus on how that recedes into the background, the cover almost appear to be moving. There is such a strong force of left to right action, coupled with the repetition of the vertical forms with the legs outstretched, it appears that they are just rolling along the ground. Anyone see what I mean? Or am I insane.gif

One of the things that really baffles me about the peter panda #5, is if you look at the bottom, at the yellow grass, and focus on how that recedes into the background, the cover almost appear to be moving. There is such a strong force of left to right action, coupled with the repetition of the vertical forms with the legs outstretched, it appears that they are just rolling along the ground. Anyone see what I mean? Or am I insane.gif

I do see what you mean. It's reminiscent of the old Fleisher cartoons.