• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE DC GA Humor Thread

96 posts in this topic

The violence on this cover is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY Too Extreme 27_laughing.gif

Peter Porkchops #3

porkchops3.jpg

mmmm porkchops!

Great idea for a thread, sb!

super-sized funny animals

Dang 893whatthe.gif. People like to mention WF and WW as tough 50's books to find in grade but these 15 centers Comic Cavalcade ought to be mention as well: 15 ¢ AND a kid book = tough. It's got to be directly linked to that pricing. Still looking for my Comic Cavalcade ... Only 3 15¢ books in my goal: WF, CC and CI.

Not strictly GA, but you guys will appreciate these books more than the SA guys.

My oldest and second oldest Sugar & Spikes:

sugarspike9.jpg

sugarspike27.jpg

My favorite cover of the issues I have. I think it really captures the relationship and personalities of Sugar and Spike:

sugarspike88.jpg

Not strictly GA, but you guys will appreciate these books more than the SA guys.

My oldest and second oldest Sugar & Spikes:

My favorite cover of the issues I have. I think it really captures the relationship and personalities of Sugar and Spike:

sugarspike88.jpg

All three were funny but this one takes the cake. I'm still smiling as I type! 27_laughing.gif

HEy Scrooge, I agree, I have yet to add any comic cavalcades, though I really want to. I find 1951-1958 DC collecting extemely interesting because so many issues are just ridiculously hard to find! Some issues come up all the time, some NEVER do. WW & WF get the main discussion because they are more collected then things like Cavalcde, or Buzzy, or Here's Howie or Funny Stuff, so no one really knows the tough parts of those runs. Try putting Peter Panda #1-10 together, its laughably difficult!

I went looking for another CC and found this before I gave up.

SugarSpike25.jpg

Reamrkably this comic was one of Ian's final 13 to finish his DC collection! Even more remarkably I also just found a VF which should be on its way to me soon!! cloud9.gif Its one of My favorite funny stuff covers

1372475-funnystuff37.jpg

I see why you like it. There's a bit of subtlety to it that's missing from many of these as the humor is conveyed through carefully drawn expressions and eyes rather than a spoken gag.