• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers/buyers that do not respond - what do you do?

66 posts in this topic

What should a buyer/seller do when millions and millions of different contact attempts go unanswered?

Post about it on the boards so we can flame his arse. stooges.gif

On a serious note..

Its happened to me once on ebay when I tried to contact a buyer numerous times and they would never respond.After a week I reported them to ebay, next day I recieved the payment.

It's almost magical how good this works.

smirk.gif

On a serious note..

Its happened to me once on ebay when I tried to contact a buyer numerous times and they would never respond.After a week I reported them to ebay, next day I recieved the payment.

It's almost magical how good this works.

smirk.gif

Yep..

I had good results by threatening a deadbeat seller with negative feedback after he never responded to emails, etc. I got a great deal on a book and I wonder if he wanted to back out by not responding to my requests as to where to send payment.

My hangup is with a seller, maxstufcomics. I sent many emails and messages through ebay and none returned. I called twice and once, left a message that was unanswered. In each message I mentioned how anxious I was to pay and conduct a complete transaction. I never heard from them. So, I left them negative feedback hoping to get their attention. Of course they do the same for me. Was I out of line? I have never ecnountered such poor service from a seller. After the fact, I did look at their other negative feedback and nearly all of it involved a lack of communication and ignored emails. What else could I have done differently to avoid this entire situation?

My hangup is with a seller, maxstufcomics. I sent many emails and messages through ebay and none returned. I called twice and once, left a message that was unanswered. In each message I mentioned how anxious I was to pay and conduct a complete transaction. I never heard from them. So, I left them negative feedback hoping to get their attention. Of course they do the same for me. Was I out of line? I have never ecnountered such poor service from a seller. After the fact, I did look at their other negative feedback and nearly all of it involved a lack of communication and ignored emails. What else could I have done differently to avoid this entire situation?

Just a thought...read their feedback FIRST yeahok.gif

Good, obvious call, but most of it was so far away. I mean they have over 4000 feedbacks and their % is good. Naturally it seemed good to me. Only after the fact, did I dig deep into the bowels of feedback and sicover there is a slight history of poor customer service.

Good, obvious call, but most of it was so far away. I mean they have over 4000 feedbacks and their % is good. Naturally it seemed good to me. Only after the fact, did I dig deep into the bowels of feedback and sicover there is a slight history of poor customer service.

Then may I suggest this....

www.toolhaus.org

This will cut right to the chase re: bad feedback...

Try it...its real good wink.gif

It did and all this loser had to do was send the payment. Something that to date he has failed to do.

Now what ever else he feels has happened lets look at the facts.

I offered the books starting at 99 cents.

Here they are

320014467210 Amazing Spider-Man # 492 DF Variant Limited Sign 54/199

320014468792 Spider-Man 238 Key Beauty 1st Hobgoblin Key Issue 320014469278 Wolverine # 1 Black Cover Giant-Size Scan

This person wins them for grand total with shipping of 36 and change.

I send invoice

No payment arrives

I send a payment reminder since these auctions ended August 13th.

Still nothing in my mailbox.... huh, maybe he's on vacation.

I did not bug him or e-mail him about the payment as I usually wait up to the 3 or more weeks. Call me crazy. 36 bucks just ain't breaking the bank.

Today this person decides to leave 3 negative feedbacks

1 of which he screws up and leaves as a positive

I did not make the same mistake when I negged him for non-payment.

I have also now filed for our fees to be returned and had a wonderful exchange with this gentleman after I did that.

Now what was so interesting that you wanted to ask that prevented you from paying for 2 weeks then caused you to leave negative feedback?

What pray tell was so important?

And that is how my day went. yay.gif

Hope everyone else got paid for their auctions cause to date I still have not. thumbsup2.gif

At least from this gentleman.

Aha! He responded! He responded! He responded!!! 893whatthe.gif Unreal!!! And look how much he had to say. Plenty!!! I was hoping SOMETHING might bring him from hibernation. All it took was some negative feedback and a calling out on a message board to hear from him. Seems like a lot to me if you want to contact someone. I will never do that again just to get a response from a seller and I hope no one has to do that. I am, however, not alone in that group, as history indicates it takes a tremendous amount of effort to get his attention.

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

I still am shocked. Ignoring emails and voice mails for weeks and then one day, hello, out of the woodwork, he can't be quiet.

There is one and only one explanation.... poor customer service. thumbsup2.gif

I don't keep all the e-mails we receive so I don't have a specific recollection of him. These auctions ended while I was in Newport Beach and Anaheim a couple weeks ago.

I do however believe I responed to 1 e-mail from him. We had many auctins going that week I responded ot 100's of e-mails.

On that count I cannot be more certain.

However, whatever his questions were, he was satisified enough to bid and win.

It is just the paying portion he seems troubled with. confused-smiley-013.gif

He also is not real good with feedback either.

foreheadslap.gif

This is the first time you've heard back from him at all? But in maxstuf's post above, he indicates that he had "a wonderful exchange" with you after he filed for his fees to be returned. confused-smiley-013.gif