• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

My newest grail:

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0449.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

I finally picked this one up from my LCS and couldnt be more happy with it! It has no marvel chipping, tape, or writing on it and is a complete copy! The only thing that really detracts from it is the tattered spine.. I was able to talk him down to such a good price that I had to break the bank for this one! Now I have #1, 200- current.

Thanks MAC MAN! I was able to get him down to $850, not bad for an alleged 2.0! He originally had it set up with a $1400 price tag but offered 25% off (bringing it down to 1050) for regulars such as myself. It was only a matter of luck I got him to go so low! (he had 2 fairly recent interested buyers that backed out last minute so I think he just wanted to finally get rid of the damn thing lol)

So you don't think it's a 2.0? I think a solid GD is running b/w $900-$950 though my hunting for this grail has shown it usually gets better than book prices. Hopefully it's a better than 2.0 ;)

You must be on cloud-freakin-nine right now! Are you married? My wife's heard me rave about this book, and can only imagine which way she'd choose to kill me if I can home with it :grin:

So you don't think it's a 2.0?

Looks G-(1.8) to me with the chunk out of the spine.

Still a tough book to get.

The chunk thats missing is about a 1/2 inch. Low grades are really hard to distinguish so I say it can grade either way (between a 1.8 to 2.0). And no Im not married lol. But my girlfriend was with me when I bought it and she actually didnt have too much of a problem with it! Ive been talking about it for months now so I guess she knew just how much that book meant to me. Ironically the two interested buyers who backed out at the last minute did so because of their wives! My shop also has an amazing spider-man #2 (4.5) that has really nice colors on the cover. He has it priced at $675 but as always haggling helps. Is that a good price though?

The chunk thats missing is about a 1/2 inch. Low grades are really hard to distinguish so I say it can grade either way (between a 1.8 to 2.0). And no Im not married lol. But my girlfriend was with me when I bought it and she actually didnt have too much of a problem with it! Ive been talking about it for months now so I guess she knew just how much that book meant to me. Ironically the two interested buyers who backed out at the last minute did so because of their wives! My shop also has an amazing spider-man #2 (4.5) that has really nice colors on the cover. He has it priced at $675 but as always haggling helps. Is that a good price though?

That price seems a tad for a No. 2. I agree with the 1.8. Congrats!

Congrats, eriqui! :applause:

I know I've said this before, but I'm amazed at some of the books people post here that come from their local comic shops. Here in NYC, you'd be hard-pressed to find comic shops left that have any kind of serious GA/SA back issue department (er, unless you count Metropolis as an LCS I guess!)...

And no Im not married lol. But my girlfriend was with me when I bought it and she actually didnt have too much of a problem with it! Ironically the two interested buyers who backed out at the last minute did so because of their wives!

And that, my friend, should point out to you an obvious difference between being a wife and just a girlfriend ;) I dated my wife for over 4 years before getting married, and let me tell you-- didn't matter HOW well I knew her beforehand, things change once you say "I do." ;)

Buy all the high value books while you can! lol

I accidentally put this in a DC thread. Apparently it belongs here.

JPS

I just got a box of *CHOKE* almost 90 comics ...

Here are some of my favorites from the stack. Stop over in Gold and Silver 10-cent to see some earlier books.

A "late" Amazing Spider-Man 95 with an exorbitant 15¢ cover price. Sharp copy for about $12.50!

This one fills a hole -- only 4 issues missing now between ASM 24 and 120.

Jack

41712-asm95.jpg

A "late" Amazing Spider-Man 95 with an exorbitant 15¢ cover price.

Criminal! :sumo:

This one fills a hole

:applause:

only 4 issues missing now between ASM 24 and 120.

Which ones ya need? :)