• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Do you HONESTLY think I'm ever selling my stuff? Shame on you. lol This place is like an adoption agency for me- I come in looking to bring home the poor, unwanted, and unloved books. :grin: And I want to be able to read my books as this was the run my brother collected and got me hooked into X-Men. So, I'd like to have a set for myself. Of course, if someone wants to sell me their mid-grade collection for the price of GD, then no complaints on my part. :)

Besides, if my personal collection ever does get sold, it means I'm 6-feet under and my kid turned out to NOT be a comic collector after all. ;)

Edited by Mac Man

:applause: Its nice to see people enjoy comics!!!! :applause:

Do you HONESTLY think I'm ever selling my stuff? Shame on you. lol This place is like an adoption agency for me- I come in looking to bring home the poor, unwanted, and unloved books. :grin: And I want to be able to read my books as this was the run my brother collected and got me hooked into X-Men. So, I'd like to have a set for myself. Of course, if someone wants to sell me their mid-grade collection for the price of GD, then no complaints on my part. :)

Besides, if my personal collection ever does get sold, it means I'm 6-feet under and my kid turned out to NOT be a comic collector after all. ;)

(thumbs u :applause:

One more thing- if this future son of mine ever DOES sell my comics after I'm gone, I'm going to haunt him. lol

It's been kind of dead around here, so thought everyone might be interested in the new jewel of my collection:

ASM1FC.jpg

ASM1BC.jpg

ASM1Centrefold.jpg

In hand, it's a solid G/VG.

Many thanks to FT88!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here's a few more: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It looks great! Congrats, John!

It's been kind of dead around here, so thought everyone might be interested in the new jewel of my collection:

ASM1FC.jpg

ASM1BC.jpg

ASM1Centrefold.jpg

In hand, it's a solid G/VG.

Many thanks to FT88!!!

Congrats!!! A really sweet looking copy!!! I've owned an AF #15 before but for some reason I've never owned #1. In fact out of the first 100 issues the only two I've never owned was #1 and the other one was #3, So I know if I owned a book like yours I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week and that book would be sleeping next to me (at a safe distance of course, wouldn't want to roll over on top of it). :cloud9:

Sweet. Will this be the first time to have read issue #1?

I've read the two stories in Marvel Masterworks, but it will be much cooler to read the real thing! I'm still on cloud 9... :cloud9:

I promise this will be my last post about my ASM1:

I tried explaining the significance of this book to my wife, especially since I've mentioned it casually in conversation several times over the last month or so. She didn't understand, but was glad that I was happy. What shocked me, was that she then asked, how much was the first appearance? I told her I could find a nice copy for $3500...

That's one purchase that won't be happening for a very long time, but at least she didn't start vomiting at the thought of me blowing that much money on a comic book.

I'll have to play the investment angle. lol

I tried explaining the significance of this book to my wife, especially since I've mentioned it casually in conversation several times over the last month or so. She didn't understand, but was glad that I was happy. What shocked me, was that she then asked, how much was the first appearance? I told her I could find a nice copy for $3500...

That's one purchase that won't be happening for a very long time, but at least she didn't start vomiting at the thought of me blowing that much money on a comic book.

or...

Top 10 excuses to your significant other to buy an expensive comic

10) I need to upgrade my current copy!

9) I need it to complete my run!

8) It's a 7 on the Gerber Scale!

7) (Fill in Artist's Name here) did the artwork!

6) It's a "Key!"

5) It's my GRAIL!

4) It has historical significance!

3) I've NEVER seen one for this price!

2) It's going to be worth a LOT more someday!

1) Greggy has one!

or...

Top 10 excuses to your significant other to buy an expensive comic

10) I need to upgrade my current copy!

9) I need it to complete my run!

8) It's a 7 on the Gerber Scale!

7) (Fill in Artist's Name here) did the artwork!

6) It's a "Key!"

5) It's my GRAIL!

4) It has historical significance!

3) I've NEVER seen one for this price!

2) It's going to be worth a LOT more someday!

1) Greggy has one!

lol You forgot one:

11) Its the second appearance of (fill in character's Name here)