• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Not a generational thing as I'm probably on the younger side of the pack weighing in smack in the middle of 28 years old. And don't get me wrong: I love me some Jazzy John! Truthfully? I like his Gwen better. BUT each does their own thing, brings their own specific flavor to the recipe, and together, you have the dominant age of Spider-Man! :headbang:

As do I, but to knock Steve... :sumo:
Who said I was Knocking Ditko....I just said I like Romita when it comes to Spidey. :foryou:

You said, and I quote..."Ditko is so over-rated!"

I understand this might be a generational thing, but take a look at ASM #58 cover for example...the artwork is pretty clunky and stagnant...I give Romita Sr his due but, and I'm trying to be objective here, he doesn't hold a candle to Ditko's level of detail and depth, in effect, the ability to create the illusion of the 3rd dimension through the 2D media...in Romita's work it's just not there... 2c:sumo:

But, if you checked my post....I didn't type that he was over-rated...technically.... (:

When reading an ASM, do you sometimes find it hard to choose the right background music?

This most remarkable ad may provide the answer.

Oh. My. :o

I need to find a copy and listen to this. I can only imagine the cheese-a-rificlly awfulness of it :cloud9:

I can only imagine the cheese-a-rificlly awfulness of it :cloud9:

You think? :insane:

Given that the ad is from 1976, I wonder whether the music veers closer to classic rock or to disco.

I too am needing to hear this. hm

Given that the ad is from 1976, I wonder whether the music veers closer to classic rock or to disco.

Could you even find a record player to listen to it on?

Could you even find a record player to listen to it on?

You won't believe this, but turns out it has actually been rereleased on CD... :whatthe:

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-man-Reflections-Superhero-Stan-Lee/dp/B00004TQXY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1215790530&sr=8-2

...and sound samples of all tracks are available. It's quite a listening experience....get ready!

I'm not sure where to post this and I really don't want to start a thread about it.

Anyways, does anyone know what I could expect to pay for a 9.8 copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 (2004 edition)?

nice! where did you pick up these beautys?

I bought them at the Atlanta Comic Convention on Sunday........hope I didnt overspend!! I have a nice early run now, AF 15, 2, 3, 4, 6 (CGC 4.5), 9 (CGC 4.5).......13, 14 (CGC 7.0) 15 ............

nice! where did you pick up these beautys?

I bought them at the Atlanta Comic Convention on Sunday........hope I didnt overspend!! I have a nice early run now, AF 15, 2, 3, 4, 6 (CGC 4.5), 9 (CGC 4.5).......13, 14 (CGC 7.0) 15 ............

there is no way your overspent. early Spideys are like a barrel of oil or ounce of gold. they keep going up and up. skys the limit! congratualations on some great books.

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK