• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,609 posts in this topic

ASM 33 has got to be one of my most favorite covers. Even the first few pages of the story need no dialogue. In my opinion, it tells the tale just as Steve Ditko drew it and no words do it justice...sorry Stan.

time to :bump: this thread back to the top

ASM33.jpg

My favorite Spidey cover of all time James...grade? Looks like a real beauty! :headbang:

My favorite as well! Nice book, comicgrinder. Congrats.

Speaking of ASM #33, anyone else see that 9.8 double cover copy that just popped up on CLink? :o :hail:

ASM 33 CGC 9.8 - Double Cover

Edited by Loki

Can I be honest? I really don't get the appeal to double covers. I know do, and no disrespect to anyone's selections of what to collection--just not something I get.

I agree with ya!

I'm not a big fan of them either. However, I can understand how some collectors value the rarity associated with this sort of production defect. A double cover on a 9.8 copy of what I consider to be the finest of the Ditko ASMs makes for a really one-of-a-kind book, though.

I can't locate it, but there was a thread about warehouse finds in "Comics General" a few months back. One of the posts mentioned a find which included a large number of ASM #33s. That's likely the source of many of the HG copies out there.

Now if only I can find one of them in 8.5 / 9.0 with White Pages... :)