• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Just picked this up last night. I know it's one of the infamous "2cent Arvels" but i'm not a miswrap snob. As long as it's straight, miswraps dont bother me. If it helps fill my run, thats good enough for me.

asm57.jpg

Edited by sufunk

I'm waiting for my AF 15 to arrive-Thursday--and then I'm going to do a nice group shot :grin:

Did you get another or do you mean your old one?

Forrest sent his AF 15 for a Stan Lee signing & slabbing. (thumbs u

I'm waiting for my AF 15 to arrive-Thursday--and then I'm going to do a nice group shot :grin:

That's right, we both had ours done at about the same time.

Still looks great! think I have a few ASM like that too. I have notice most of the ASM collectors on this boards are purchasing PQ with off-white to white and white pages.

There tends to be enough to choose from that if you are a PQ snob you can wait for an OW-W or White example to come along.

Still looks great! think I have a few ASM like that too. I have notice most of the ASM collectors on this boards are purchasing PQ with off-white to white and white pages.

There tends to be enough to choose from that if you are a PQ snob you can wait for an OW-W or White example to come along.

I agree. SA Marvels are much easier to find in better PQ than DC, so better PQ should add a little.

Got this back not too long ago. As a Goblin fan, I'm happy to have this. Plus, the biggest defects are on the back cover...something I'm always looking for. :)

AmazingSpider-man014.jpg

Got this back not too long ago. As a Goblin fan, I'm happy to have this. Plus, the biggest defects are on the back cover...something I'm always looking for. :)

AmazingSpider-man014.jpg

Great presenting copy for the grade :applause:

+1 A very pretty book! :cloud9:

AmazingSpider-man014.jpg

Great presenting copy for the grade :applause:

+1 A very pretty book! :cloud9:

Ditto, very nice Adam.

Did you have that done yourself with Stan? How often does someone ask for a signature on an inner page?

Thanks. Yes, I had it done myself along with a small stack of other books for other people (like your AF15).

People don't often ask to have their books signed on the interior and then have them slabbed. In fact, the ones I got done for myself were the only ones that got signed on the interior in the whole stack that day.

100_4850.jpg

100_4852.jpg

People don't often ask to have their books signed on the interior and then have them slabbed.

That's a shame. I love interior signatures in SS labels. You know the book is signed, you know it is legit, and you don't have to mar a cover with the signature if you don't want to. There are plenty of books I'd like signed but the cover art won't lend itself well to a signature. Interior signatures are the way to go.

Thanks. Yes, I had it done myself along with a small stack of other books for other people (like your AF15).

People don't often ask to have their books signed on the interior and then have them slabbed. In fact, the ones I got done for myself were the only ones that got signed on the interior in the whole stack that day.

100_4850.jpg

100_4852.jpg

Very good Adam, I like that option too. I think for certain books like covers that don't work well with writing, and some high dollar books, I'd prefer that way. (thumbs u

That's right, we both had ours done at about the same time.

I'm hoping to snap some group shots either tonight or tomorrow. I LOVE IT when the semester is essentially over! :banana: But the AF 15 did come in and while I felt a twinge of sadness over being separated from it, I'm really glad I did it. No more worries of a separated cover, sudden piece chipping off, etc. I will confess that my Stan Lee signature isn't the sharpest of the 6 total that I have--clearly, I caught him at the end of the pile but it doesn't look bad.

And Adam--great looking 2.5! I haven't cracked my #14 in FOREVER and I forgot how great the splash page truly is. There are just some days when you can't go wrong with Ditko.

I have to admit, I'm thinking I might begin upgrading my ASM collection in the year or so. Not DRASTICALLY, but I might make it a cut off for all non-keys to be at least 1.5 or better with no cut coupons / missing pieces, or detached covers, etc. I *miss* buying Silver Age ASM. lol BUT, I have some other keys and GA to buy first.