• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone just toke a picture of this one today, its one of my Favs ;)

IMG_0513.jpg

Be careful when you toke a picture. It's fairly unhealthy.

:kidaround:

IMG_0513.jpg

"One toke over the line Sweet Jesus, one toke over the line....."

Paid for but not yet in hand unfortunately :(

asm5.jpg

Sweet copy, I've always liked this book, and I think it is over-looked a lot simply because many of the other early Spidey's are 1st appearances of "key" Spidey villians. But this book holds it's own as far as I am concerned, and the 1st Doc Doom cross-over too. :cloud9:

IMG_0513.jpg

"One toke over the line Sweet Jesus, one toke over the line....."

Now you've put that tune in my head. :pullhair: :lol:

asm5.jpg

Very nice Jason, I always found those were hard to get in HG. Well done.

:applause:

Indeed. Love those early Spideys. :applause:

That is definitely worth 5 hand-claps!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

asm5.jpg

Very nice Jason, I always found those were hard to get in HG. Well done.

:applause:

Indeed. Love those early Spideys. :applause:

That is definitely worth 5 hand-claps!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Very nice! (worship)

Alright, gals & fellas. Haven't made the one-hour trek to pick up the latest ASMs in a while (last issue I got was #647 :eek:)...but they are on reserve and I shall get them soon. However, the excitement I currently feel is palpable: I only need one ASM--#3--to have a complete set (#1-present plus all the Annuals). Don't currently have the funds for a #3, but will be on the hunt for a very low grade copy this summer--or sooner. :wishluck:

Since 2007, when I hopped back into the hobby hard-core, I've been on this mission (though I have been distracted by countless other comics through these maddening boards :insane:) and it's kind of a weird feeling now. And I don't think it was the chicken dinner I ate. :whistle:

When I get that #3 in hand, what's next for those who have experienced it? Endless upgrading? Temptations to sell off runs to land a higher grade ASM #1 or AF #15? Nirvana? Restlessness? The blues? Discarding them all and going DC? Trading them for a warehouse full of Heroes, Inc.?

Do tell.

:popcorn:

Alright, gals & fellas. Haven't made the one-hour trek to pick up the latest ASMs in a while (last issue I got was #647 :eek:)...but they are on reserve and I shall get them soon. However, the excitement I currently feel is palpable: I only need one ASM--#3--to have a complete set (#1-present plus all the Annuals). Don't currently have the funds for a #3, but will be on the hunt for a very low grade copy this summer--or sooner. :wishluck:

Since 2007, when I hopped back into the hobby hard-core, I've been on this mission (though I have been distracted by countless other comics through these maddening boards :insane:) and it's kind of a weird feeling now. And I don't think it was the chicken dinner I ate. :whistle:

When I get that #3 in hand, what's next for those who have experienced it? Endless upgrading? Temptations to sell off runs to land a higher grade ASM #1 or AF #15? Nirvana? Restlessness? The blues? Discarding them all and going DC? Trading them for a warehouse full of Heroes, Inc.?

Do tell.

I think you already know this Scott, but my ultimate end-all goal is to have a complete ASM slab run (1 thru present, Giant-Size 1 thru 6 and all of the Annuals). They won't all have to be high grade slabs either. And I'm about 50% of the way there right now. :)

Do tell.

I think you already know this Scott, but my ultimate end-all goal is to have a complete ASM slab run (1 thru present, Giant-Size 1 thru 6 and all of the Annuals). They won't all have to be high grade slabs either. And I'm about 50% of the way there right now. :)

You've already got 'em all...but now you just need 'em all slabbed, eh? :hail: :lol:

Only 15 of my ASMs are slabbed so I'll remain in the bleachers, cheering you on as you pursue that truly demented goal. :insane:

Edited by cloudofwit

You said it Scott, either upgrade or change collecting, CGC or sell off to do something else.

I had them all when it was at about #400, and I got tired of the high costs and poor stories, plus the 2nd prints and variants had just begun. I don't really plan to go after that later stuff, but I want find a way to read as much of the stories again from the beginning. Who knows how that will turn out, I might want more, or decide what I did was enough.

The crooks of the industry turn a lot of people off, and I'm just finding out about another mistake I made over eight years ago. Night. :sick:

You said it Scott, either upgrade or change collecting, CGC or sell off to do something else.

I had them all when it was at about #400, and I got tired of the high costs and poor stories, plus the 2nd prints and variants had just begun. I don't really plan to go after that later stuff, but I want find a way to read as much of the stories again from the beginning. Who knows how that will turn out, I might want more, or decide what I did was enough.

The crooks of the industry turn a lot of people off, and I'm just finding out about another mistake I made over eight years ago. Night. :sick:

I can't deny that it was a PAIN trying to get all caught up on the modern deluge and separating 1st print from whatever subsequent print, variants, etc. The reading aspect is something I am WAY behind on. And it ain't just funny books either. Current culture is certainly an Electronic/Digital Age mentality where the screen is king, whether TV or computer or phone...and sustained reflection and reading--a Print Age mentality--is "so yesterday," to put it in adolescent vernacular. I'd like to blame culture but my lazy azz just needs to read more. And I can't do it via the screen because I'm "so ADD." :lol:

Don, your final sentence begs for elaboration (more so than my inane rambling). A mistake you made, circa '03? If you can, do tell. :wishluck:

Edited by cloudofwit