• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,468 posts in this topic

You said it Scott, either upgrade or change collecting, CGC or sell off to do something else.

I had them all when it was at about #400, and I got tired of the high costs and poor stories, plus the 2nd prints and variants had just begun. I don't really plan to go after that later stuff, but I want find a way to read as much of the stories again from the beginning. Who knows how that will turn out, I might want more, or decide what I did was enough.

The crooks of the industry turn a lot of people off, and I'm just finding out about another mistake I made over eight years ago. Night. :sick:

I can't deny that it was a PAIN trying to get all caught up on the modern deluge and separating 1st print from whatever subsequent print, variants, etc. The reading aspect is something I am WAY behind on. And it ain't just funny books either. Current culture is certainly an Electronic/Digital Age mentality where the screen is king, whether TV or computer or phone...and sustained reflection and reading--a Print Age mentality--is "so yesterday," to put it in adolescent vernacular. I'd like to blame culture but my lazy azz just needs to read more. And I can't do it via the screen because I'm "so ADD." :lol:

Don, your final sentence begs for elaboration (more so than my inane rambling). A mistake you made, circa '03? If you can, do tell. :wishluck:

It's a mistake only if you consider getting ripped off and swindled a "mistake"... :boo:

Yeah, I've been had many times in the 70's and 80's by mail order purchases, when you were at the mercy of the seller and his grading etc. This in 03 was my first CGC book, to fill my biggest hole, and now I find out it doesn't appear to match the grade before they open it. I'll see what CGC will tell me when they get back with me about it. I had only opened two slabs myself, so I have not seen many slabs after being opened. So imagining how a person could open it and re-glue it, I didn't think of it. Someone did obviously.

:applause: Congrats on nearly completing the run! I finished my run a few years back then went and sold everything but 1-100 + keys to fund my purchase of the AF15 in my sig line. I've been enjoying the hunt for upgrades... :tonofbricks:

:applause: Congrats on nearly completing the run! I finished my run a few years back then went and sold everything but 1-100 + keys to fund my purchase of the AF15 in my sig line. I've been enjoying the hunt for upgrades... :tonofbricks:

To still have the #1-100 run while picking up an AF #15 CGC 3.5 in the process is pretty dang sweet. :think:

Edited by cloudofwit