• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

I hope I am not being overly critical of a beautiful looking book, but the interior pages extend so far from the cover's edge that I can only think that it has received a rather aggressive pressing (shrug) and that bottom left front cover is just a hair's breadth from slab damage.

Someone will need to be very delicate with this beauty. :shy:

Labeled SQU for squished! lol

So I just noticed this ASM #10 8.0 that sold on CLink in the past few days... For triple the GPA average ($2,250). Am I missing something, or does someone think it can press to a 9.2 (break even) or better?

ASM #10 CGC 8.0 sells for $2250

It really makes the white paged 7.5 I bought last month look like a great deal...

That looks like a 9.6 copy with a couple of minor defects, maybe a stain somewhere etc. It is beautiful. That makes you think that somehow there was communication between the seller and buyer, for CLink that would be different.

Why is that book only a VF?? Agree with Don...something internal must be present...that book's a 9.2/9.4 all day... (shrug)

I hope I am not being overly critical of a beautiful looking book, but the interior pages extend so far from the cover's edge that I can only think that it has received a rather aggressive pressing (shrug) and that bottom left front cover is just a hair's breadth from slab damage.

I had a similar thought when I saw that right edge. It just doesn't look right at all.

I had a similar thought when I saw that right edge. It just doesn't look right at all.

.....ASM 9 is common with pages extending.....check the HA archives for reference......a perfectly centered and aligned copy is tough. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The #1 issue I bought at Sotheby's as mint in the early 90's... some slight tanning inside cover I guess gets deemed 8.5 by CGC... although the cover gloss was like no other Spidy #1 I have ever seen..The others I bought already graded..

132250.jpg.185e7ac75dae24ec38f963c0a79987ef.jpg

132251.jpg.3cbbcaa38d9fc66bbfaa498c1e191156.jpg

132252.jpg.2fde1bf6150ccedd8d9a02c102d9cce5.jpg

132253.jpg.82cdf883bbbab2c82761064f5b5e0546.jpg

Edited by sartre

IMAG2322.jpg

I got this a couple weeks ago. Only need #1 and #15 for a complete run! After that the upgrading begins.

Nice! Congrats indeed. What grade is it?

If you'd like, feel free to post this in the AF #15 Club thread (it's currently on p. 2 and in need of bumping). Welcome to the Club!

And having a complete ASM run is sweet. I completed mine last year--and then broke it up. :cry: Best wishes on landing the #1 and #15 this year. :wishluck:

Edited by cloudofwit

IMAG2322.jpg

I got this a couple weeks ago. Only need #1 and #15 for a complete run! After that the upgrading begins.

Nice! Congrats indeed. What grade is it?

If you'd like, feel free to post this in the AF #15 Club thread (it's currently on p. 2 and in need of bumping). Welcome to the Club!

And having a complete ASM run is sweet. I completed mine last year--and then broke it up. :cry: Best wishes on landing the #1 and #15 this year. :wishluck:

Thanks for the welcome! This book seriously was a dream come true, I cant believe I actually own it, Its my first monster silver age key. The dealer I bought it from graded it around G / VG I agree. I was looking for an AF 15 club and couldnt find it. I'll look again.

Edited by Ccmp99

.....ASM 9 is common with pages extending.....check the HA archives for reference......a perfectly centered and aligned copy is tough. GOD BLESS...

mine has extended pages to a lesser degree too bad you can't tell from the scan that they are about as bone white as i have ever seen in a silver age book...

Scan50001.jpg

mine has extended pages to a lesser degree too bad you can't tell from the scan that they are about as bone white as i have ever seen in a silver age book...

Scan50001.jpg

Yup mine has pages extending too...

ASM985OW-W-1.jpg

Scan50001.jpg

Yup mine has pages extending too...

ASM985OW-W-1.jpg

......that's the way many of them are. I had a sweet copy from the RJ Long collection that I never slabbed because I was afraid it would be erroneously labeled "trimmed".....but CGC is well aware of issues that have characteristics like this.....It probably would have worked out fine. GOD BLESS...