• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I hope this isn't off topic, but I'm looking for advice on selling my collection of ASMs. Is it worthwhile to get some (all?) of them professionally graded? Off hand, that looks prohibitively expensive. Any suggestions on the best place to sell them (eBay? Heritage Auctions?)? Am I better off selling them individually, in groups, or just selling the whole collection?

Here's the issues I have:

17, 19-21, 23, 25, 26, 28-32 34-37, 42, 44, 48, 49, 51-128, 130-136

The majority of them are would probably be graded an average of 6.0, although some of the older ones would be around 2.0-2.5.

(for reference, I'd guess the one below is around 6.0).

(as an aside, an online dealer offered me $1450 for the whole collection. I told him I thought I could do better selling them my self, and he told me I was crazy. Is he right?)

Spiderman17_zpsixxsuizu.jpg

Edited by FredS

I hope this isn't off topic, but I'm looking for advice on selling my collection of ASMs. Is it worthwhile to get some (all?) of them professionally graded? Off hand, that looks prohibitively expensive. Any suggestions on the best place to sell them (eBay? Heritage Auctions?)? Am I better off selling them individually, in groups, or just selling the whole collection?

The majority of them are would probably be graded an average of 6.0, although some of the older ones would be around 2.0-2.5.

(as an aside, an online dealer offered me $1450 for the whole collection. I told him I thought I could do better selling them my self, and he told me I was crazy. Is he right?)

If he's offering $1450.00 for JUST the books you listed, take the money and run - fast.

If he's offering $1450.00 for JUST the books you listed, take the money and run - fast.

+1. In all seriousness, you will not get close to 1450 if you sell them by yourself. Not for the book you described. I would absolutely take that deal.

Really? I'm surprised, since this averages to less than $14 per book (there are 107 books).

Edited by FredS

(for reference, I'd guess the one below is around 6.0).

How much were you expecting? I don't buy many collections, but I ran your list through the Bat-computer, and expect you to get offers in the neighborhood of $750, sight unseen.

On your 17, there's some soiling near Torch's knees, moisture ripple above his hands, an an oval shaped water stain on the outer edge of the back cover that I'd need a closer look at. Presents well, but has some issues, so I'd put it at 5.0.

Amazing Spidey always sells, but how much work are you willing to put into it? Did you take pictures of the books, or did the dealer just give you a blind estimate? If you've pictured all of them already, post them here in a sales thread, and give them a whirl.

Really? I'm surprised, since this averages to less than $14 per book (there are 107 books).

money in hand is always the way to go. , could you get more? maybe, but it will take a long time. if he will take them now for 1450 cash. (for the books you listed in the grades you suggested) - I agree, take it and run.

my 2c

then when i went to a little shop on fort walton beach on an aborted beach weekend [due to rain], my parents let me buy a few to keep me occupied--i had liked the 16 so much that i bought another book off the rack with that guy on the cover. this IS the copy i grabbed as an 8-year old.

asmann1-1.jpg

and this one bought at the same time; he was on another cover! i can actually recall getting a little stamp and pad for x-mas the next year, and went to town on this poor book.

these last 2 with me now for 52 years this month, i figure.

mt1uc.jpg