• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

Newest addition to the set... :cloud9:

SPIDER-MAN%202%20CGC%209.0%20OWW_zps0rw6scda.jpg

Absolutely an incredible looking copy. Congrats ! (worship)

That was a tough grading period under Haspel. It looks like a nice, tight grade. It's all great !

THANKS for all the kind thoughts and well wishes. This journey for me started back in 2001 when I got back into comic collecting by, interestingly enough, purchasing Daredevil 1-15 (about half of them were CGC) on EBAY. Took me about 4 years to come to an acceptance of the whole CGC slabbed thing.

Pretty soon got bit by the HG bug and started focusing on 9.0 books and up. Really enjoyed putting all the sets and runs together over the years and decided to start paring down the last couple of years with my focus on ASM 1-20 and FF 1-20. Miss a lot of the books I let go to a point but I'm happy with the present focus and still maintain a real love for the books.

I've always limited myself to a budget of sorts so while I could go out and purchase a decent AF 15 tomorrow for $25K I don't go there as it is not within my discipline and other responsibilities in my life. Someday... :cloud9:

Finishing up the FFs is gonna be difficult and expensive but I will plod along...excuse the pun.

Got a blue label #6 on its way to upgrade my plod #6 I just recently sold to jimjum...I'll post it in about a week...I'm happy to say about half of the books in my box are from fellow boardies. And the friends I've made here and great conversations I've had with fellow collectors really has fueled my love for the books...

Here's where the books have come from...

1 Adam/filter81

2 Clay Fraser

3 Clay Fraser

4 Don/Peter Loves Gwen

5 Dave/thehumantorch

6 Clay Fraser

7 Metropolis

8 Comiclink

9 Andre/campued1010

10 Metropolis

11 Comiclink

12 Comiclink

13 Comiclink

14 John/Tempus Fugitivus

15 Andre/campued1010

16 Comiclink

17 Comiclink

18 Jeff/Jordysnordy

19 aaarrgghh can't remember...think it might have been Fedoraman (?)

20 Comiclink

Edited by trmoore54

THANKS for all the kind thoughts and well wishes. This journey for me started back in 2001 when I got back into comic collecting by, interestingly enough, purchasing Daredevil 1-15 (about half of them were CGC) on EBAY. Took me about 4 years to come to an acceptance of the whole CGC slabbed thing.

Pretty soon got bit by the HG bug and started focusing on 9.0 books and up. Really enjoyed putting all the sets and runs together over the years and decided to start paring down the last couple of years with my focus on ASM 1-20 and FF 1-20. Miss a lot of the books I let go to a point but I'm happy with the present focus and still maintain a real love for the books.

I've always limited myself to a budget of sorts so while I could go out and purchase a decent AF 15 tomorrow for $25K I don't go there as it is not within my discipline and other responsibilities in my life. Someday... :cloud9:

Finishing up the FFs is gonna be difficult and expensive but I will plod along...excuse the pun.

Got a blue label #6 on its way to upgrade my plod #6 I just recently sold to jimjum...I'll post it in about a week...I'm happy to say about half of the books in my box are from fellow boardies. And the friends I've made here and great conversations I've had with fellow collectors really has fueled my love for the books...

Here's where the books have come from...

1 Adam/filter81

2 Clay Fraser

3 Clay Fraser

4 Don/Peter Loves Gwen

5 Dave/thehumantorch

6 Clay Fraser

7 Metropolis

8 Comiclink

9 Andre/campued1010

10 Metropolis

11 Comiclink

12 Comiclink

13 Comiclink

14 John/Tempus Fugitivus

15 Andre/campued1010

16 Comiclink

17 Comiclink

18 Jeff/Jordysnordy

19 aaarrgghh can't remember...think it might have been Fedoraman (?)

20 Comiclink

I'm very glad to have helped Tom in his quest. It's a real labour (CDN spelling) of love for him and his enthusiasm for our hobby shines through.

I've really enjoyed our numerous PMs helping each other (he led me to 4 beautiful books for my collection), our very memorable phone call and most importantly our friendship that we have developed - that's what the boards should be all about.

I think I'm in :luhv: with the cover to issue 77. Mathematically, Lizard + Human Torch = ^^ in my book. I wonder if anyone shares these feelings?

Who wouldn't enjoy seeing Johnny Storm and Peter Parker team-up against such classic super-villains as Morbius the Living Vampire or Sandman?

So far I have missed two very good opportunities to acquire my own copy.The first time it was sold for just this much at my favorite collectibles shop:

2ef52fn.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95