• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SECollector said:

One of my favorite villains too and a very favourite issue! Nice! This one is hard to find with a nice spine and un-tilted. Congrats!

Indeed.   Relatively tough (for a Spidey) to find without the spine busted up.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you think the 9.0 copy went for crazy money, just take a look at the CGC 9.6 copy in the current CC auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709009  :screwy:

Even though it is the Pacific Coast pedigree copy, already at an astounding $22,500 with still another 11+ days to go is a ton of money for this book.  Fully understand that it is currently the highest graded copy at 9.6, but there are also 6 other 9.6 copies keeping it company, with another 13 nipping at its heels in CGC 9.4 graded condition just waiting for an potential upgrade.  hm

The 9.6 ended up selling for $32,000.00 :whatthe: The 9.0 ended at $4140.00 :o 

Anyone care to share their #28's?

Your #28 is a beauty JP! This cover has always fascinated me.  Maybe it's due to the dark colors with the beautiful imagery. I had been thinking of upgrading my issue, but with the nosebleed prices being realized I'm content with mine:

spidery%2028019.jpg

3 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Your #28 is a beauty JP! This cover has always fascinated me.  Maybe it's due to the dark colors with the beautiful imagery. I had been thinking of upgrading my issue, but with the nosebleed prices being realized I'm content with mine:

spidery%2028019.jpg

Very nice, and with white pages!  I think this cover is awesome!  One of the more creative Ditko covers.  He really wanted to capture the "molten" aspect of Molten Man.