• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, grube09 said:

Great 15's guys!  Loving the 8.5's!

Has anyone noticed the 9.0 ASM #28 on ComicLink?  Bidding is over $4k!  That is crazy.  I know it is a very tough book, especially past 8.5, but that blows GPA away.  And while it is a very nice looking 9.0, that blows 9.2 prices away!  

I noticed 28 being sold for prices significantly above GPA around September so bought an old blue label 8.5 for about half what they are now.   I CPR'ed it but did so right in the middle of CGC's tightening so even though two of the four items on graders notes were removed it still came back an 8.5 with a bump in PQ.

46 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Many books are on track to blow past GPA highs. The 9 is also past GPA. Crazy how many high grade ASMs are in this auction and not all are in the new pedigree collection. Many sellers picked a good time to add their books to this auction.

I think across the board early SA "A" titles are getting ready to take off.  I can't put my finger on why but the oscillators are there.  Its been insane for early SA Spidey issues over the last 2/3 months.  I lost a #4 in a January auction and my max bid was nearly 50% above GPA last sale.  I've got a max bid on a clink auction right now thats 30% above GPA 12 month average and I'm almost certain it won't hold based on current auctions.

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I usually am on the gold end of the forum but have been dabbling back in ASM lately. Kind of a return to my first love in comic books.

ama1_29455a.jpg

Awesome book Rick, the colors are incredible on that copy!  Welcome back!

Edited by comicquant

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I usually am on the gold end of the forum but have been dabbling back in ASM lately. Kind of a return to my first love in comic books.

ama1_29455a.jpg

Good one to pick for the comeback... (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

ama1_29455a.jpg

Sweet looking copy!:applause:

2 hours ago, mosconi said:

I'm very happy with this pick up.  No Marvel chipping or tears, and one of my favorite villains:

33062160292_4e447b9d8b_c.jpg

Killer book Andrew!  Colors are incredible.  Whenever docs left hand is that deep emerald green you know you've got a very well taken care of copy.  And that PQ demonstrates as much.   Awesome! :whee: