• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, grube09 said:

Wow, Jeff & Andrew - killer copies!  That is a heck of a pick-up on that #3 Andrew.  Looks very sharp.  And a #14 in 9.2 Jeff?  Nothing more needs to be added :cloud9: :golfclap:

Thanks Mike!  Lots of great books in this thread.  Jeff's Spidey #14 is amazing! :whatthe:

On 06/03/2017 at 4:03 PM, ickwinzs said:

Those are some nice books, grades look pretty consistant.

Why thank you :)

On 2/24/2017 at 8:33 AM, comicquant said:
On 2/24/2017 at 6:28 AM, grube09 said:

Great 15's guys!  Loving the 8.5's!

Has anyone noticed the 9.0 ASM #28 on ComicLink?  Bidding is over $4k!  That is crazy.  I know it is a very tough book, especially past 8.5, but that blows GPA away.  And while it is a very nice looking 9.0, that blows 9.2 prices away!  

I noticed 28 being sold for prices significantly above GPA around September so bought an old blue label 8.5 for about half what they are now.   I CPR'ed it but did so right in the middle of CGC's tightening so even though two of the four items on graders notes were removed it still came back an 8.5 with a bump in PQ.

Well, if you think the 9.0 copy went for crazy money, just take a look at the CGC 9.6 copy in the current CC auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709009  :screwy:

Even though it is the Pacific Coast pedigree copy, already at an astounding $22,500 with still another 11+ days to go is a ton of money for this book.  Fully understand that it is currently the highest graded copy at 9.6, but there are also 6 other 9.6 copies keeping it company, with another 13 nipping at its heels in CGC 9.4 graded condition just waiting for an potential upgrade.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

36 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you think the 9.0 copy went for crazy money, just take a look at the CGC 9.6 copy in the current CC auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=709009  :screwy:

Even though it is the Pacific Coast pedigree copy, already at an astounding $22,500 with still another 11+ days to go is a ton of money for this book.  Fully understand that it is currently the highest graded copy at 9.6, but there are also 6 other 9.6 copies keeping it company, with another 13 nipping at its heels in CGC 9.4 graded condition just waiting for an potential upgrade.  hm

I think over time collectors have realized just how difficult it is to find this book in grade and for those who insist on 9.6/9.8 copies (or in the #28's case, 9.4/9.6) its a battle.  Only 3 sales have made it to GPA and the last sale  was 09/2013 so when they are available the games begin.  It will be a fun auction to watch to the close because I have a feeling there are a bunch of serious Spidey collectors lurking in the shadows!  Of the 9.6 copies I've seen Barton's Golden State Pedigree copy is by far the best and probably the only one with potential for a bump.  Just an awesome copy!

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=27225