• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I've seen 2. One on eBay the other in Mycomicshop.com one white the other w/ow

Thank you for the response!  I'm aware of one on eBay that's CR/OW, and I also know about the one on MCS which has a date stamp right smack in the middle of the Chameleon's forehead.  I know some folks love date stamps but for me that's all I see when I look at the book.

I'm not seeing the white pages copy you're referring to, but if you can confirm with a link I will definitely check it out.  Thanks again!

EDIT:  I just looked on MCS and I see the date stamp copy isn't there any more, so maybe it sold.  There is now a non-CGC 9.4 up that looks pretty nice, and it does have white pages.  That must have been the one you meant?

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

15 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thank you for the response!  I'm aware of one on eBay that's CR/OW, and I also know about the one on MCS which has a date stamp right smack in the middle of the Chameleon's forehead.  I know some folks love date stamps but for me that's all I see when I look at the book.

I'm not seeing the white pages copy you're referring to, but if you can confirm with a link I will definitely check it out.  Thanks again!

EDIT:  I just looked on MCS and I see the date stamp copy isn't there any more, so maybe it sold.  There is now a non-CGC 9.4 up that looks pretty nice, and it does have white pages.  That must have been the one you meant?

Yeah the non CGC is what I was pointing out. It's also on eBay since mcs always puts up their stuff on eBay. I mistook the c/ow for w/ow.

OK, who of you guys grabbed this beauty?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-nm-90-white-pages/a/7177-91169.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

I kind of regret I didn't go for it, but buying from HA from Europe is complicated. I will settle with the buyers undercopy :eyeroll:

1 minute ago, SECollector said:

OK, who of you guys grabbed this beauty?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-nm-90-white-pages/a/7177-91169.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

I kind of regret I didn't go for it, but buying from HA from Europe is complicated. I will settle with the buyers undercopy :eyeroll:

Straw-Man? :popcorn:

I love the covers to both #33 and #50.  Hard to decide between them!

I thought about going after that 9.4 of #50 but I decided to get a 9.0 of #4 from Bob instead.  I have #50 in 9.2 ... despite my OCD, I haven't been able to justify the cost of upgrading when there are still so many books in the run I don't have at all.

9.2 is the loneliest grade ...

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

17 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I love the covers to both #33 and #50.  Hard to decide between them!

I thought about going after that 9.4 of #50 but I decided to get a 9.0 of #4 from Bob instead.  I have #50 in 9.2 ... despite my OCD, I haven't been able to justify the cost of upgrading when there are still so many books in the run I don't have at all.

9.2 is the loneliest grade ...

That 9.0 #4 is incredible!  My goal is 9.2 for issues #16 - #50 but the #50 is my favorite Spidey cover (And probably SA cover) so the 9.4 was calling to me.