• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Philreal said:

I just picked this up from Straw-Man and it's on it's way now. I'll have a back cover picture once I receive it, but was wondering if you folks had a thought on the grade?(I know wrong forum:whistle:) I'm looking to send it to CGC and am hoping for a least a 6.0?

ASM #6 front.jpg

Really nice copy!  I bet that comes back higher than a 6.0.

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Right before I bought it, someone had posted a beautiful 8.0 copy to this thread.  I honestly thought if I posted my 9.0 that would make me the world's biggest dink.

With all due respect to that gorgeous 8.0 ... since you asked, here's mine.

5a9609bb3a722_AmazingSpider-Man4CGC9.0.thumb.jpg.5fa855a7dcf6560683bc818b20930c23.jpg

:whatthe:(worship)

15 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Right before I bought it, someone had posted a beautiful 8.0 copy to this thread.  I honestly thought if I posted my 9.0 that would make me the world's biggest dink.

5a9609bb3a722_AmazingSpider-Man4CGC9.0.thumb.jpg.5fa855a7dcf6560683bc818b20930c23.jpg

It doesn't get any better than that!  Beautiful book!

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

That 9.0 #4 is incredible!  My goal is 9.2 for issues #16 - #50 but the #50 is my favorite Spidey cover (And probably SA cover) so the 9.4 was calling to me.

Thank you very much.  It would be great to compare notes with you as we go along.  I've got my hands full working on runs of all the major Marvel titles ... in the case of ASM, I need 11 issues to say I have #26-151 in 9.4, with the exception of that 9.2 of #50.  Among the first 25 issues, it's been a bit of a mix, targeting 9.4 where that feels affordable (always a relative term!) and 9.0 otherwise.  For #1 I am trying to figure out if I should go for 6.0, 7.0, or 8.0.

27 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Now that is truly special... (worship):golfclap:

Edited by DST

51 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I know, right?  Unless the back cover is a complete crime scene, I can't see where this book gets a 5.5 from this scan.

I will scan the back cover if anyone wants to see but it does NOT look like a crime scene At ALL.  Here are the notes.

ASM 3 Notes.png

29 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Interesting.  They seem to be hammering the light stains (which are pretty hard to see on the front cover) and perhaps the tear on the back cover.

No access to the scanner I usually use to scan my books at the moment but here are some pics...Can't really make out too clearly the small tear on back though.

ASM 3 Back Cover.jpg

ASM 3 Back cover close up 1.jpg

ASM 3 close up 2.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

7 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

^^^ You'd have to tell us what you see with the book in hand, but from the scans whatever stains there might be are extremely hard to see.

I can see a few spine ticks and the light crease top of page but given it is on the all white part, would maybe press out but no interest in doing that as it is a personal book.

The only other thing I can see in hand is the 'smudging' of some of the writing in a few spots on the back cover, I don't see any 'traditional' looking stains...I keep looking at it to see if I am missing something else...

6 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I can see a few spine ticks and the light crease top of page but given it is on the all white part, would maybe press out but no interest in doing that as it is a personal book.

The only other thing I can see in hand is the 'smudging' of some of the writing in a few spots on the back cover, I don't see any 'traditional' looking stains...I keep looking at it to see if I am missing something else...

All in all it presents nicely for the grade, anyone would be happy to own it!

I don't believe I've posted this before and since we are looking at ASM #3 mine happens to be a 5.5 as well. Bought this raw back in the '90's and submitted myself in August of 2009. Was not pressed(I don't think I even knew about pressing then, when did it become more prevalent?)

569723_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMjgvMjAxNyA0OjI4OjAyIFBN