• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I only need 2,3,6,9,10 and Annual #1 for a complete run through today. Hoping to knock out at least 2 & 3 this year. I also have full runs of a majority of all the other Spider-man titles. No AF #15 though :sorry: 

lol I'm only  a little obsessed.

7 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

I only need 2,3,6,9,10 and Annual #1 for a complete run through today. Hoping to knock out at least 2 & 3 this year. I also have full runs of a majority of all the other Spider-man titles. No AF #15 though :sorry: 

lol I'm only  a little obsessed.

Home stretch! 

(I sold off many later ASMs to help fund my AF15 purchase years ago. My Spidey collection now fits into two CGC Boxes. I like the space but miss the books, well except for the JMS run.)

I picked up an ASM 22 in last weekend’s heritage auction. Anyone see a nice looking 10 for sale? Now that 1-50 is complete, I’m debating extending the run further. What’s a good stopping point?

11 minutes ago, piper said:

I picked up an ASM 22 in last weekend’s heritage auction. Anyone see a nice looking 10 for sale? Now that 1-50 is complete, I’m debating extending the run further. What’s a good stopping point?

I stopped my original run at 130. My older brother stopped buying off the rack at 130.

26 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I stopped my original run at 130. My older brother stopped buying off the rack at 130.

I would think 150 personally as the 130-150 story lines are a great read.

22 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

I would think 150 personally as the 130-150 story lines are a great read.

Some of the Ross Andre stuff is pretty good too. lol

Just now, piper said:

Some of the Ross Andre stuff is pretty good too. lol

No argument here!

10 hours ago, piper said:

12/69 marks the end of mine.

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

12/69 is the end of my current "slabbed run in grade" pursuit; used to have them thru 400, but have sold off much of 80 and up.

Is there a significance to that date? The last ASM issue published in calendar year 69 was 82 

38 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Is there a significance to that date? The last ASM issue published in calendar year 69 was 82 

I can only speak for myself here, but since Billy chose the same issue as I did to end the run, his reasoning is probably the same: issue 79 has a cover date of Dec 69.