• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, trmoore54 said:

Anyone got their eye on the upcoming Pedigree Spidey auction?  Some nice uber books...will be interesting to see if strong prices are holding...going up...or standing pat...starting NOV 1...I have no interest other than tracking sales...

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/83

Anyone know who's putting 'em up?  A single owner/collector?

No idea, but I'd guess them come from a someone's collection.   It will be interesting to see what the Voldy books go for vs the CGC.  I assume they'll go for less, but these super HG books play by a different set of rules.  And, really, the ultra-HG books are the "easiest" to grade and I would expect you don't have the disparity (over/undergrading) between the 2 companies when you get into the 9.6/9.8 range.  

On 10/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, trmoore54 said:

Anyone got their eye on the upcoming Pedigree Spidey auction?  Some nice uber books...will be interesting to see if strong prices are holding...going up...or standing pat...starting NOV 1...I have no interest other than tracking sales...

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/83

Wow, that's a beautiful group of books!  Appreciate your posting this link.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, DST said:

Here is an update on my 5.0 WP run:  STILL looking for an ASM7 CGC 5.0 White Pages. 

I sent in another raw candidate…came back a 5.0…but unfortunately OWW.  Going to hold onto it as a placeholder and as added motivation to continue the hunt!

1C0F3F7A-B9C1-497B-8C65-B1C529310BD1.thumb.jpeg.2d21f4f3be54c4751bbfa29c6c66beca.jpeg34BD0688-AB5D-4AAE-9C80-7C93B91A92FC.thumb.jpeg.b1496ecd28e07d9fc43d2267ca6292b1.jpeg

Great job so far Dave!  That #7 has turned out to be quite elusive but I admire your determination and extraordinary effort to find it.  I'm sure it will eventually turn up and be that more of an impressive accomplishment  :headbang:

I keep finding these ASM #7's in 5.0 with white pages and then I just throw them away.  I figure no one wants them.  :nyah:

Anytime I see DST's collection, I marvel at his AF 15 -- just look at that 5.0 and revel in its glory!

Dan

On 10/27/2021 at 9:19 AM, Pantodude said:

Love Mysterio's look, so I have a few ASM13s.  My unpressed blue 8.0 below has an unusually pristine black area, particularly along the spine.  I just scoured the many Heritage scans, and you don't ever see spines like that below grade 9.4, and some 9.4s show more stress lines.  A curiosity, likely balanced out by other defects (small staple tear) to some extent, but looks like a bump could be possible on resub.  Not considering it, but noteworthy.  

1111299390_ASM13(2a-8.0).thumb.JPG.b6ee64e188c54cd587559dad5973b355.JPG

LOVE this pence copy!  :luhv: