• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,453 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, AwesomeSauce said:

What's ASM #39 without ASM #40? Picked this one up yesterday. Am very happy with it!!

Screenshot_20230506-192343_2.png

🎶You can’t have one without the other.🎶

The intricacy of Spidey's "Norman Osborn Green Goblin problem" is pretty amazing and to me shows that Marvel understood it could attract a wider audience age-wise than the one most people probably thought would like "funny books."  Once they knew each other's secret identity, Spidey now had to do more than just beat the Goblin in a fight.  He now felt like he couldn't just win the fight and send the Goblin to jail - this was his best friend's father.  He also now had to figure out some way to prevent Osborn from revealing that Peter Parker was Spider-Man. The Goblin also now had a larger and more personal target to try to get to Peter - Aunt May and ultimately of course Gwen Stacy.  All a definite advantage for the bad guy.  This is a very complicated situation to navigate for a writer and good on Marvel for not shying away from telling it.

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 5/11/2023 at 7:46 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Yellow DD early crossover !

1144999654_DSCN3833-Edited.thumb.jpg.70c6dcaa42cec22f8f73a6b09478477f.jpg

In 1967’s Marvel Tales #11 this was the first Ditko era story I ever read. This was also my introduction to DD’s yellow costume.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:02 PM, AwesomeSauce said:

Been looking for a good mid-grade copy of the 1st Romita ASM Annual for awhile now. This one fit the bill perfectly!

Screenshot_20230508-180222_6.png

This was the first comic book that I bought with my own money. Six heroes, one semi-hero/villain, and one villain - how could I go wrong?