• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

I have completed ASM #51 to 200 in CGC 9.4 or higher.

Managed to collect these over 5 years but will take a lot more time collecting 1-50 due to cost.

Had thought about selling 101-200 recently but just couldn't let them go.

The hardest to find in 9.4 in my run were 60, 63 and for some reason 86 confused-smiley-013.gif

Just joined the registry so will post scans here and there soon.

ASM is my main collecting focus as my dream is to get a complete run some day. I'm loving this thread.

Here's a copy I bought as a kid for $20 back in the early 80's

asm28.jpg

hail.gif I love this book.

I need to come down to the Silver Age more often....I have tons of Silver and never read this forum foreheadslap.gif

Anyway I'm yet another ASM completionist and I'm 9 issues away from completing ASM #1 to #500...I try to complete one series each year but I'm not sure if I'll make it this year...but I'm pretty sure I'll get myself ASM #1 as a Xmas present headbang.gif

And to think it all started when I read ASM #36 V2 and decided I had to get the entire series...

First goal was #100 to #500, when I finished I saw the second Spider-man movie and said to my wife..."You realise I HAVE to get ASM #50 now..."

So once I got a copy of #50 I started getting #51 - #99....and when that finished I asked myself "who am I kidding" and now I'm going for the full set yay.gif

I need to come down to the Silver Age more often....I have tons of Silver and never read this forum foreheadslap.gif

Anyway I'm yet another ASM completionist and I'm 9 issues away from completing ASM #1 to #500...I try to complete one series each year but I'm not sure if I'll make it this year...but I'm pretty sure I'll get myself ASM #1 as a Xmas present headbang.gif

And to think it all started when I read ASM #36 V2 and decided I had to get the entire series...

First goal was #100 to #500, when I finished I saw the second Spider-man movie and said to my wife..."You realise I HAVE to get ASM #50 now..."

So once I got a copy of #50 I started getting #51 - #99....and when that finished I asked myself "who am I kidding" and now I'm going for the full set yay.gif

Wow. You do have a fine collection! You also have a wonderful blog, and I'd encourage others to check it out. I look forward to seeing the asm you eventually do get......

I got #50 about 6months ago, probably a 6.0. One of my fav. issues. Don't have a scan as I've got no scanner frustrated.gif

Wow. You do have a fine collection!

Most would call it a very good collection wink.gif

You also have a wonderful blog, and I'd encourage others to check it out. I look forward to seeing the asm you eventually do get......

Thanks, as a matter of fact I just put up a new entry less than 15 minutes ago yay.gif

And like in the past all new purchases will end up on the blog with a small story attached...it's kind of a time capsule for myself...

I got #50 about 6months ago, probably a 6.0. One of my fav. issues. Don't have a scan as I've got no scanner frustrated.gif

it's a great book...story, cover..it's all golden thumbsup2.gif