• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

asm157 - love the old price tags still on the bag. One of the better Doc Ock covers. I give #3 the nod just as a classic. And 55 has to rank up there. Take away the word balloons and this one rocks.

asm157.jpg

Nice Greenie Spidey's Brad. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here are a few Bronze issues I just got back from CGC.

[ 1462104-Spidey148CGC94New.jpg

Very nice bronze run. I've got to get going on getting some graded.

Man, do I love the cover to ASM 148. Something about the blue just hits right. cloud9.gif

My 3rd favourite ASM cover(following 122 & 136).... cloud9.gif

1ASM148.jpg

i know these have already been posted in this thread. but i’m just so proud of them. Look how well behaved they are cloud9.gif

just picked up the 150 from comicsupply.com for $15 as a 9.0

Very nice run Element. This is the period that started me running on ASM. I took my older brothers 148 and 150, and never missed another issue from 153 on.

I've been working on an ASM #1-64 run for many, many years now. (In a sense, it started with some SA Spideys I bought in the 1980s back when then were really cheap!... though I was much too unfocused as a collector back then to make any progress.) Always loved the title, loved the character and have a special fondness for the earlier Ditko issues.

In the last 5-6 years, mostly thanks to ebay, I've been chipping away at filling in issues I need. For the pricier keys, I've been staying in presentable 2.0-4.5 range due to budget, leaning more towards mid-to-high grades as I go later in the run.

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63! (Not sure if I'm willing to spend what it takes for #1 and #2, as I prefer to spend serious money on GA rather than SA books...but we shall see.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This was part of my first post to this thread a few months ago.

Issues I now need: down to #1, 2, 13, 20 & 41... yay.gif

I've been working on an ASM #1-64 run for many, many years now. (In a sense, it started with some SA Spideys I bought in the 1980s back when then were really cheap!... though I was much too unfocused as a collector back then to make any progress.) Always loved the title, loved the character and have a special fondness for the earlier Ditko issues.

In the last 5-6 years, mostly thanks to ebay, I've been chipping away at filling in issues I need. For the pricier keys, I've been staying in presentable 2.0-4.5 range due to budget, leaning more towards mid-to-high grades as I go later in the run.

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63! (Not sure if I'm willing to spend what it takes for #1 and #2, as I prefer to spend serious money on GA rather than SA books...but we shall see.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for the applause, guys. thumbsup2.gif

Staring at this cover a bit more, I love the crazy, contorted position Spidey is drawn in, especially when contrasted with DD's much more straightforward position. Who but Ditko has ever drawn a cover hero quite like that! Somehow this cover never jumped out at me, but I'm digging it now. cloud9.gif

Nice Job....I've got a #2 for you.....and a 41 also poke2.gif