• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When are the next group of sets slated to be added?

185 posts in this topic

The only thing I could think of, would be sets that would not have prefigured slots, (ie title names) but would compile any of that owners pedigree books from his other registered sets along with whatever point totals they had. That's it. confused-smiley-013.gif

The only thing I could think of, would be sets that would not have prefigured slots, (ie title names) but would compile any of that owners pedigree books from his other registered sets along with whatever point totals they had. That's it. confused-smiley-013.gif

So if I have 2 Pac Coast Caps, a Couple of Winni Pac Coasts, and some Northland Thors, they would be kept in one "set" but would be outside of the sets they are included in, correct?

Arex

So if I have 2 Pac Coast Caps, a Couple of Winni Pac Coasts, and some Northland Thors, they would be kept in one "set" but would be outside of the sets they are included in, correct?

Arex

There aren't any Winni Pac Coasts....right? But I know what you mean. I was thinking along the lines of separate sets for each pedigree you own. You'd have a set for your Pacific Coasts, Your Winnipegs and your Northlands....and they would be ranked against other sets by pedigree.

Say for instance..... I set up a Green River Pedigree set. Now I have Green Rivers scattered among 10 of my existing registry sets. Each of those books is in the databanks, so in my newly created pedigree set, I choose the option...."Auto Build best set with eligible comics".

And voila!, all my Greenies are pulled into the set with the points they already have in the other sets. (It would take too long to come up with new point designations....we'd just use the ones already given in the regular sets.) So my six ASMs get pulled in, my seven FF's, etc......get pulled in....and listed (by title) alphabetically. NIce and cozy.

Now, because you don't want to receive duplicate credit in your overall registry point totals.....the pedigree sets point totals are not counted. You do get a total of the points in the set, which is measured against other Green River sets (in my case), in a list, but these rankings are separate from your regular sets. In order to build a pedigree set, you'd have to have your books set up in regular registry sets first.

Does that make sense?

Probably would take quite a bit of programming....but it would certainly make for an interesting registry category.

Red

Arex

There aren't any Winni Pac Coasts....right? But I know what you mean. I was thinking along the lines of separate sets for each pedigree you own. You'd have a set for your Pacific Coasts, Your Winnipegs and your Northlands....and they would be ranked against other sets by pedigree.

Say for instance..... I set up a Green River Pedigree set. Now I have Green Rivers scattered among 10 of my existing registry sets. Each of those books is in the databanks, so in my newly created pedigree set, I choose the option...."Auto Build best set with eligible comics".

And voila!, all my Greenies are pulled into the set with the points they already have in the other sets. (It would take too long to come up with new point designations....we'd just use the ones already given in the regular sets.) So my six ASMs get pulled in, my seven FF's, etc......get pulled in....and listed (by title) alphabetically. NIce and cozy.

Now, because you don't want to receive duplicate credit in your overall registry point totals.....the pedigree sets point totals are not counted. You do get a total of the points in the set, which is measured against other Green River sets (in my case), in a list, but these rankings are separate from your regular sets. In order to build a pedigree set, you'd have to have your books set up in regular registry sets first.

Does that make sense?

Probably would take quite a bit of programming....but it would certainly make for an interesting registry category.

Red

So it would be the books embeded in the Pedigree, and not the other way around. Gotcha! thumbsup2.gif

Arex

Does that make sense?

Red

So it would be the books embeded in the Pedigree, and not the other way around. Gotcha! thumbsup2.gif

Yes. acclaim.gif

I'd love to hear from CGC if this is at least a possiblity in the sometime future. It would be a little challenging to set up.....but it would be an amazing collection of sets to see!

Does this mean no Marvel Micronauts this year? confused-smiley-013.gif

sig.jpg

It wasn't in the list Dena provided on Page 1. confused-smiley-013.gif Did you request the set?

makepoint.gif I requested it way too late I am afraid. Hopefully get the set added next go round thumbsup2.gif. This explanation should keep the toys from revolting! stooges.gif

Below are my notes on the sets that are in the works right now. We will try to work through the list alphabetically and get these sets up as quickly as possible.

2001: A Space Odyssey

Adventure Comics (complete)

All American 1-102

All Star Comics 58-74 Power Girl

All-Star Western (complete)

Amazing Spider-Man (McFarlane Run)

Amazing Spider-man full set up to 500

Ant (both series)

Aquaman

Archie

Avengers Vol 3

Batman (expand to #500)

Bone Complete

Captain America 100-448

Captain Marvel Jr

Catwoman (2002) 1-50

Champions

Chaos Comics (other series?)

Chastity

Dark Horse Presents 1-100

DC superheroes lines from 1967-72 (main characters)

DC Whitman variants

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 1-33, Special Album Edition

Defenders (expand)

Divine Rights Adv. of Max Faraday

DMZ

Doctor Strange

Donald Duck

Doorway to Nightmare

Elektra (Marvel Knights) 1-35 - separate link Variant (#3)

Exciting Comics 1-69

Fables 1-45

Fantastic Four (301-)

Flash (Geoff Johns run) 164-225

Flash 201-350

Flash Gordon (Gold Key/Whitman/King)

Forgotten Realms (series, Homelands, Exiles, etc.)

Four Color Complete

Four Color Ducks

G.I. Combat

G.I. Joe #31-#155

G.I. War Tales

Girls

Godzilla

Harvey Hits #3 and Harvey Hits #9 add to the Richie Rich #1-#50

Haunt of Fear (EC)

Hawk and the Dove 1-6 (1968)

Hellblazer

Hercules (mini-series)

Hex

Hot Wheels

Human Fly

Human Torch

Iceman Limited Series

Impact (EC)

Incredible Hulk (expand to 474)

Incredible Hulk Vol 3 (Hulk)

Infinite Crisis

Inhumans

Invincible 1-25

Iron Man #301-332 (complete?) - annual 15, 1999 (nn)

Iron Man Volume 3

JSA Classified

Lady Death series with swimsuit, etc.

Mad 151-250

Mad 51-150

Mad Complete (1-50+)

Magnus, Robot Fighter #29-#45 (1963)

Marvel Annuals 1962 to 1980 (or whenever)

Marvel Bronze Age 1st Issues (1970-1982)

Marvel Civil War

Marvel Comics Presents 72-84 Weapon X (all?)

Marvel Magazines 1st Issues (1970-1982)

Marvel Tales (expand beyond #33)

MARVEL Ultimate Tales SPIDER-MAN "Double-Sized FLIP Magazine" (2005)

Marvel Zombies 1-5

Matrix - add to Recalled Comics Set

Men of War

Moon Knight (current)

Neal Adams - DC comics

Negro Romance

New Look Wonder Woman

New Mutants (vol. 1) 1-100

New Teen Titans (1984) (New Teen Titans 1-49, New Titans 0, 50-130)

Night Nurse

Nova

NYX 1-7

Omega the Unknown

Pep Comics 22-65

Peter Parker (1999)

Planet of the Apes 1-29

Plastic Man 31-64

Police Comics 61-102 (Plastic Man)

Preacher (make more complete)

Punisher (MAX)

Purgatori

Ren and Stimpy

Richie Rich (expansion, other titles)

Sandman (1989 series)

Savage She-Hulk

Scooby Doo (Gold Key and March of Comics)

Secret Wars I and II

Sgt Rock

Shogun Warriors

Silver Surfer expand to include FF appearances

Silver Surfer Vol 2, 3, 4

Sojourn

Space Ghost (2005)

Spectre (Silver 1-10)

Spider-Man The Other storyline

Star Spangled War Stories #151 - 204 (the Unknown Soldier run)

Steranko Covers (also requested: Ploog and Starlin)

Strangers in Paradise Compete Set (all 3 volumes, complete)

Sub-Mariner (Golden Age) plus Superior Comics (Canadian)

Supergirl (other series)

Superman (Doomsday, Death & Return)

Superman expand up to 423

Supersnipe

Time Warp

Timelys

TSR Books

Twisted Tales (Pacific)

Two-Gun Kid 1-131

Ultimate Annuals

Ultimate Extinction

Ultimate Fantastic Four 1-25

Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine 1-6

Ultimate Spider-man expand to #90+, add 1/2

Uncle Scrooge

Universe X: Spidey

Unknown Soldier

Valiant Unity

Valiant Variants (Gold, Platinum, Red)

Variants - separate listings for Registry sets with many multiple variants?

Violator

Weird War Tales (complete)

Weird Western Tales (expand to include All Star Western)

Welcome Back Kotter

What If?

Whitman Pre-Pack Only

Witchblade

Witchblade/Tomb Raider

Wolverine (current run)

Wonder Woman Vol 2 (1-226) variants, #0

World's Finest

Wrightson - DC comics covers

X-Factor

X-Men Unlimited (vol. 2) 1-13

X-Men: Deadly Genesis 1-6

X-Men: The End (Dreamers and Demons) 1-6

Yellowjacket

Negro Romance , while originally listed, has been bypassed. Does this reflect a management decision, and if so, is it firm, and can you speak to the reasons why this set is deemed as unworthy? I ask respectfully, but when you blow past this hardest to acquire of all romance sets while including Punisher (MAX) or some such, it makes me kinda nuts...respect the genre will ya?

• Administrator
Negro Romance , while originally listed, has been bypassed. Does this reflect a management decision, and if so, is it firm, and can you speak to the reasons why this set is deemed as unworthy? I ask respectfully, but when you blow past this hardest to acquire of all romance sets while including Punisher (MAX) or some such, it makes me kinda nuts...respect the genre will ya?

The Negro Romance set was created, however, it appears the upload into the Registry was not successful. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A second attempt at uploading was successful, and the set is now available. Other sets from the list which were bypassed during this batch require a complete list of books in order to be created. (They are requests that simply need more information.)