• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,068 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, KirbyJack said:

To this day, it still bothers me that The Thing is no longer the strongest man-like creature on the face of the earth.

but he remains the ugliest!

Edited by Straw-Man

On 10/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, Pantodude said:

Here's a lil more FF

2017574860_Inferior510(raw)-front.thumb.JPG.9e4d5a49751022b843df7341aff4aea5.JPG

Never seen that before!  I wonder how the copyright issues on that would work.  I know that Marvel featured parodies of DC heroes in Not Brand Ecch, which are a little different, but these look like straight-up representations of Spidey and the FF.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:54 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Never seen that before!  I wonder how the copyright issues on that would work.  I know that Marvel featured parodies of DC heroes in Not Brand Ecch, which are a little different, but these look like straight-up representations of Spidey and the FF.

This must have been back in the day when Marvel/DC crossovers remained realistic possibilities (there was even an issue or two?), an almost friendly and mutually respectful rivalry that was palpable.  Hopefully someone knows more about that and could elaborate on whether a cross-over flic (TV or big screen) was ever really possible.  The good old days!  

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, pickycollector said:

Just received this CGC 9.0 from Comiclink and not much difference in grade with my raw copy but this one has full CCA stamp and issue number square though which is why I bought it.

Now I must decide which one I will keep and which one I will re-sell :pullhair:

FF 24 CGC 9.0.jpg

FF 24.jpg

excellent!   i just dig the heck out of this issue.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:39 AM, KirbyJack said:

Does that have anything to do with the fact that you own maybe the best copy in the world?

Ummm.  These are not straw man books. He buys the top copies at great expense. What about you Kirby? I know you have all the books but not graded. Don’t you want to KNOW?  The prices getting so high maybe I can only buy one a year. It’s crazy 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:20 AM, KirbyJack said:

I do know.
Not the CGC grade, of course; but I don’t consider them to be the only opinion that matters. I’ve been grading comics for a while, too, y’know.

You have a 5.0 collection from what I’ve seen. Hmm maybe that’s too harsh let’s say 6.0. I’ll be lucky to duplicate with today’s prices. 2000 plus per book. That’s crazy talk!