• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,740 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2024 at 6:14 PM, vaillant said:

Bathe here: 

— from 2 years ago (it seemed less!). And I hope in short I will have a new one, albeit smaller, incoming.
Or one titled Worldwide Atomic Age / Anti-Communist items . :) 

That was an awesome sale! Still have both pieces I picked up.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:10 AM, KirbyJack said:

IMG_1362.thumb.jpeg.3a94881718dd416564e699912e77f945.jpeg

Truly VIBRANT color strike on this copy …probably my favorite colors for SA marvel banners - that golden yellow over that deep rich blue. Something about that combo…and of course, best enjoyed in the raw imho.

I suspect @Kramerica will want to see too :)

Edited by TheComicsPreacher

On 4/20/2024 at 5:56 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Truly VIBRANT color strike on this copy …probably my favorite colors for SA marvel banners - that golden yellow over that deep rich blue. Something about that combo…and of course, best enjoyed in the raw imho.

I suspect @Kramerica will want to see too :)

Yeah, great looking colors on that one. I'll take it!

On 4/19/2024 at 7:32 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Wait, wait, wait...I missed this yesterday. YOU are "Claudio", correct?
Kirby signed this FOR YOU??????

I would LOVE to hear THAT story....just WOW.

:x

Yes, I visited him in his Thousand Oaks home in 1991. I don't have the picture I am sure I already posted at hand (I changed computer recently) but if I find it I will post it.
My interview was re-transcribed by Kirby Museum collaborators (due to interest from Rand Hoppe) and John Morrow just asked to re-publish it in the new translation and it should appear in a Kirby Collector issue from 2025, more likely 2026 (as they're all already scheduled).

On 4/20/2024 at 4:48 PM, vaillant said:

Yes, I visited him in his Thousand Oaks home in 1991. I don't have the picture I am sure I already posted at hand (I changed computer recently) but if I find it I will post it.
My interview was re-transcribed by Kirby Museum collaborators (due to interest from Rand Hoppe) and John Morrow just asked to re-publish it in the new translation and it should appear in a Kirby Collector issue from 2025, more likely 2026 (as they're all already scheduled).

What…the….ffffffff?????

jezusssssss….

I was about to say p.m. incoming but I see you already responded to that other PM - and we have lots to talk about here including Kirby in World War II…