• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,721 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2024 at 7:05 AM, jimjum12 said:

It's different now. I have to be careful walking as I'm no longer sturdy. I walk like Frankenstein, not a lot of feeling on my left side, and lots of fatigue. I am now able to stand up, do limited cooking and cleaning, and dress myself, so I'm not dead weight on my family, which is a real blessing. I call it the new normal. Slow and awkward. The Church has been helpful as have friends and family, but I'm basically self sufficient now. I do miss going to work and getting that check each week. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

So good I logged in as I was wondering myself and thinking of writing you a message. In a very minimal and limited manner I can grasp your experience as I've been unwell since before Easter, I experienced vertigo due to cervicalgic pain, fall and broke a rib, and other stuff. I can only imagine how adapting to these limitations can be, as I have seen how relatively minimal limitations can hugely impact the most mundane daily tasks. And of course I do sympatize with your current "forced unemployment" being still working on my typeface design project and not having a fixed income. A big hug, Jimmy, God bless! :x

On 4/18/2024 at 3:59 PM, vaillant said:

Very sporadically logging in, as I have no time and also my own collecting is pretty much freezed because of lack of income.
But always joyful to show my #8… :x

Fantastic Four No_8 - VG+ W (Marvel chipping, signed by Jack Kirby).jpg

Fantastic Four No_8 - VG+ W_int01.JPG

Well hello there sir - longgggg time.

pretty FF8!

Sorry to hear about the income freeze.

What I remember most about your posts is your artistic eye for unusual stuff. Hope you get to throw more funny money at funny books again sometime soon.

:peace:

On 4/19/2024 at 1:10 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Well hello there sir - longgggg time.

pretty FF8!

Sorry to hear about the income freeze.

What I remember most about your posts is your artistic eye for unusual stuff. Hope you get to throw more funny money at funny books again sometime soon.

:peace:

Did you manage to see the sales thread I did on worldwide WW2 wartime comics?

On 4/18/2024 at 4:14 PM, vaillant said:

Bathe here: 

— from 2 years ago (it seemed less!). And I hope in short I will have a new one, albeit smaller, incoming.
Or one titled Worldwide Atomic Age / Anti-Communist items . :) 

Woah...what did I miss while I was "out"? 
I'll grab the loofa and get started...