• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,705 posts in this topic

I can just imagine how it must have been reading the Torgo storyline when it came out: I was as much excited as when I started to read them there was the second Torgo-related storyline, by Roy Thomas, so Torgo is an old acquaintance

I believe that Fantastic Four #93 is the first comic I ever saw.

I remember vividly the circumstances of the occasion (I won't bore you with them), but the end result is a deep love of the entire storyline.

Considering that, if one is objective, that story isn't close to Kirby's best work, it's surprising to me how many collectors share my feelings for it. Maybe because it's the last "big" Lee/Kirby FF story.

I can just imagine how it must have been reading the Torgo storyline when it came out: I was as much excited as when I started to read them there was the second Torgo-related storyline, by Roy Thomas, so Torgo is an old acquaintance

I believe that Fantastic Four #93 is the first comic I ever saw.

I remember vividly the circumstances of the occasion (I won't bore you with them), but the end result is a deep love of the entire storyline.

Considering that, if one is objective, that story isn't close to Kirby's best work, it's surprising to me how many collectors share my feelings for it. Maybe because it's the last "big" Lee/Kirby FF story.

It might not share the "greatness" of other arcs, but it’s remarkably original: Kirby managed to create a cohesive whole adding several things, including his passion for the "days of the mob". As it’s done, it’s truly original, because it involves the FF that – by back then – were already full developed characters with their precise identity and not a generic "science fiction plot" (I think there is an episode of Star Trek with a similar idea, but the FF story is a lot more original, for various reasons). :)

And no, you won’t definitely bore me with such things… ;)

Seeing the FF dressed in "jazz age" period clothing is as much cool as seeing them dressed as pirates in FF#5 or meeting Protestant pilgrims from the 19th century stranded in the Negative Zone in the last great FF story arc, by Carlos Pacheco. :cool:

Carlos Pacheco :cloud9: GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Beautiful copy you have! A CGC 9.0 would be something to shoot for! John and Sean Lennon's birthday!! How can we forget that.

True story....October 9, 1980, I got off my school bus in the Bronx, NY. I was 14 and a freshman in high school. I noticed some skywriting in the sky in Manhattan. It was Yoko Ono's birthday wishes to John and Sean! I will never forget it!

I was married on October 9, 1993. On the way out to the Con, my wife told me to enjoy our anniversary with the two buddies I was attending with!! lol. No, really she was good about it! I can't miss the Con! I made sure I was back at a decent hour. ;)

Edited by Steviehuv66

Beautiful copy you have! A CGC 9.0 would be something to shoot for! John and Sean Lennon's birthday!! How can we forget that.

True story....October 9, 1980, I got off my school bus in the Bronx, NY. I was 14 and a freshman in high school. I noticed some skywriting in the sky in Manhattan. It was Yoko Ono's birthday wishes to John and Sean! I will never forget it!

I was married on October 9, 1993. On the way out to the Con, my wife told me to enjoy our anniversary with the two buddies I was attending with!! lol. No, really she was good about it! I can't miss the Con! I made sure I was back at a decent hour. ;)

Cool story! Cool wife! :headbang: