• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I continually fall into the pattern of not paying much attention to books once I've checked them off my want list ... has there been a spike in FF #2 since the announcement that the Skrulls will be in the Captain Marvel movie?  I got my copy last year and certainly paid a lot for it, but my guess is that I should be thankful I didn't wait until this year.  (Like I did with #4 and #5, sadly!)

I don’t think so… Early issues were already expensive, the one most affected seems #5 and that’s unfortunate since I wanted to upgrade a bit in order to read it… My current copy is a Restored CGC SS (Stan Lee) but I recalled that thanks to Robert (crassus) I have another Stan Lee CGC SS Book, FF#12, so I would love to upgrade my #5…

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I continually fall into the pattern of not paying much attention to books once I've checked them off my want list ... has there been a spike in FF #2 since the announcement that the Skrulls will be in the Captain Marvel movie?  I got my copy last year and certainly paid a lot for it, but my guess is that I should be thankful I didn't wait until this year.  (Like I did with #4 and #5, sadly!)

I picked up my FF #2 CGC 5.0 in Aug. of 2017 for 800. I don’t think you could find one now in that grade under 2500. I don’t know if it’s because of the Captain Marvel movie or Disney.

10 hours ago, jayhawker said:

I picked up my FF #2 CGC 5.0 in Aug. of 2017 for 800. I don’t think you could find one now in that grade under 2500. I don’t know if it’s because of the Captain Marvel movie or Disney.

I paid my 3.0 about $550… yes, now they are suddenly overpriced, I wonder why.
It’s not like the movie hype would generate much interest on something so landmark as the FFs… and unlikely serious new collectors surface in the span of a week.

Newbie question...  Lets say you have FF 53 to 100 in 9.0 or plus condition, which books are the good books to slab first??

I guess what i mean to say is are there any KEY books in there?  I see a guy selling bunches of them for 8 bucks each...

Edited by Karl Liebl

7 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Newbie question...  Lets say you have FF 53 to 100 in 9.0 or plus condition, which books are the good books to slab first??

I guess what i mean to say is are there any KEY books in there?  I see a guy selling bunches of them for 8 bucks each...

53, 55, 66, 67, 72, and 100 ….. the rest are great to have but those are the ones where slabbing may increase your sale price. If all of yours are 9.0 and better they're worth much more than 8 bucks each. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

53, 55, 66, 67, 72, and 100 ….. the rest are great to have but those are the ones where slabbing may increase your sale price. If all of yours are 9.0 and better they're worth much more than 8 bucks each. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Don't forget 65 (first Ronan).

You can't go wrong with any book that has the Silver Surfer or Doctor Doom on the cover, and there are a bunch more in that run not listed above (#84 comes to mind, but you can easily pick them all out).