• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,702 posts in this topic

I have 1-30 in that form, but I’m going with Marvel’s Greatest Comics for the rest. Fun to assemble, and it’s how I read them as a kid. 

For anyone thinking about doing the same, be aware that in MGC, some pages are omitted, and they skip entirely the “Doomsday” arc in 57-60. That story is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action 1-4. Also, no annuals, so save those reading copies!

Edited by KirbyJack

7 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I have 1-30 in that form, but I’m going with Marvel’s Greatest Comics for the rest. Fun to assemble, and it’s how I read them as a kid. 

For anyone thinking about doing the same, be aware that in MGC, some pages are omitted, and they skip entirely the “Doomsday” arc in 57-60. That story is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action 1-4. Also, no annuals, so save those reading copies!

masterworks pick up at least the s.a. annuals, as i recall.

I already have readers of the MGC omissions I am aware of, but I need to keep an eye out for new ones. Just now noticed the skipped 94.

Part of the fun!

I kept my beater #78, because I knew it did not include the “girl “ page. I just happen to own that page, so access to a reader is mandatory.

4 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

jimmy showed that 10 above a few days early---here's my 10th 10 on the 10th [ok, maybe it's only about my 4th one, but it ran together so smoothly!].

ff10.jpg

Man that’s beautiful. This issue always seems to look dingy (mine sure does).

Not this’n!