• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Straw-Man said:

masterworks are a must for a s.a. marvel slab collector. 

I never liked the altered recoloring done in the Masterworks: often very well done, but also not following the original color scheme, or just loosely.
Plus, the coated paper is not what the stories were intended to be printed on. In the late 1980s I loved them regardless for the idea and the wonderful covers, but I am not sure I will keep them.
I can read the originals, and I also have the essentials for at least the first 60-80 issues. 

I agree on the Masterworks; they just don’t feel right. Buying reading copies of the first 30 issues wasn’t going to happen, though.

I do really enjoy the Marvel’s Greatest Comics, flawed as they are. I bought them as a little kid, and preferred them to the main title (and I liked the main title quite a bit!)

15 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I do really enjoy the Marvel’s Greatest Comics, flawed as they are. I bought them as a little kid, and preferred them to the main title (and I liked the main title quite a bit!)

Probably the equivalent of reading the early stories first in "Fantastici Quattro Gigante" (the large, magazine-sized reprint which I have already showed in this thread) for us italians. :)