• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 7 Grade?

15 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I just subscribed to this helpful forum and this is my first post, so please be patient! smile.gif

I’m looking for opinions about the grade of a few books I’d like to sell. More than a year ago a kind canadian collector helped me with the grades, but unfortunately I moved and lost his message. As I just got my books back, can you please help me grading them again? I don’t live in the US, thus it is perhaps not worthhwile to have them graded by CGC due to shipping and duty costs, so I’d have decided to sell them raw (please advise me on this matter too).

The first book is Amazing Spider-Man 7.

Click here to see a large scan of front cover (745 KB)

Click here to see a large scan of back cover (607 KB)

Close-up shots of some details:

Click here to see a “3D” camera shot of right top corner (201 KB)

Click here to see a camera shot of left bottom corner wear (82 KB)

Click here to see a camera shot of bottom staple wear (64 KB)

Click here to see page color (107 KB)

Please consider that large scans magnify the defects (there are things that I don’t see when I look at the book with naked eye).

Many thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

Looks about an 8.0,there is some foxing around the right edge,slight tanning interior of front and back cover,is what CGC probably would say about that,It's defentily worth grading since it looks like a VF copy of spidey 7,but that's my opinion since i don't have the book in front of me,slab it!

Bubbles,

I don't think anyone that gave it a 6.5 or better even reviewed the last two or three digital pix links. I agree with you. With many pieces out of the spine, in some areas, seemingly more missing than is still there, I can't see better than a 5.0 even though the rest of the book appears to be in 7.0 to 8.0 range.

Viewed from the edge, the spine appears similar to many Golden age books that have had silverfish damage to the cover.

First: best grading pics I have seen so far!

Based on front and back cover scans only it's VF 8.0 book in my opinion.

BUT those small pieces of paper missing from spine drop it down to 7.0

Though it's really hard to get a scale how large those missing pieces are on magnified pictures. (especially bottom corner wear.How long it is in millimeters?)

It would be great if there's also a ruler in picture alongside spine.

Bubbles,

I don't think anyone that gave it a 6.5 or better even reviewed the last two or three digital pix links. I agree with you. With many pieces out of the spine, in some areas, seemingly more missing than is still there, I can't see better than a 5.0 even though the rest of the book appears to be in 7.0 to 8.0 range.

Viewed from the edge, the spine appears similar to many Golden age books that have had silverfish damage to the cover.

for once something that comes out of danny boy's big mouth is correct! 893applaud-thumb.gif i just checked the front cover scan and not the rest of the links. 893whatthe.gif but danny boy can make this book look NM/MT 9.8, but of course he's post it on eBay as UNRESTORED! 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifboo.gif

Thanks again to all for the invaluable help!

Thanks also to Arty for the compliments acclaim.gif It's in my own interest to show the best images that I can!

As for the spine wear:

Click here to see a magnified picture of bottom corner with a ruler alongside (129 KB)

Click here to see a magnified picture of top corner with a ruler alongside (123 KB)

Bottom corner wear, as you can see, is about 3/4 millimeters long (the ruler also show inches in the upper side for the US friends).

Please let me know what are your thoughts!