• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Where did the 27 come from?

Gary Dolgoff via eBay.

I am glad you passed on the 9.4 white paged Northland copy of 27. :shy:

I have watched that one for quite a while but it was a little pricey and I didn't care for the wrap on it. I was on the verge of bidding on it when this copy popped up and at a cheaper price. I assume you snapped up the Northland copy?

Gary Dolgoff via eBay.

I have watched that one for quite a while but it was a little pricey and I didn't care for the wrap on it. I was on the verge of bidding on it when this copy popped up and at a cheaper price. I assume you snapped up the Northland copy?

:whistle:

Gary Dolgoff via eBay.

:whistle:

(thumbs u

Danny,

After picking up the X-Men 55 9.8 in a trade, I just bought (off my site) the X-Men 26 9.8 Hollywood Hills copy. I'm now closing in on my mission of a complete X-Men 1-66 run in 9.8 (or better (yeah right!!)). To that extent, I need your #35 9.8 right away. You have my address so please try to get it out before the Christmas rush!!

Kidding aside, if anyone out there has any X-Men between 4 and 66 in 9.8 they would like to sell or trade, please let me know. I have a 9.6 of that issue in trade if you do.

Happy holidays to all. More particulary, Merry X-Mas!!!!

Doug

Danny,

After picking up the X-Men 55 9.8 in a trade, I just bought (off my site) the X-Men 26 9.8 Hollywood Hills copy. I'm now closing in on my mission of a complete X-Men 1-66 run in 9.8 (or better (yeah right!!)). To that extent, I need your #35 9.8 right away. You have my address so please try to get it out before the Christmas rush!!

Kidding aside, if anyone out there has any X-Men between 4 and 66 in 9.8 they would like to sell or trade, please let me know. I have a 9.6 of that issue in trade if you do.

Happy holidays to all. More particulary, Merry X-Mas!!!!

Doug

Nice pick-up and very nice price considering the 24 and 27 have recorded sales over 5K a piece and have more than one 9.8 on the census. The 35 is yours once I am ready to let it go. You have my want list... getting some of the harder to find books will only help your cause! Good luck with your goal, its a tough one!

Merry Christmas

Danny

Danny,

Thanks. I appreciate you giving me first crack at the #35. I too was shocked at what I felt was a very reasonable price for the X-Men 26 9.8. I guess he had looked at GPA which showed an average sale on a 9.6 at around $700 and change. Plus, 26 is fairly common in 9.6 and not a special issue, although I like the Roy Thomas story a lot.

I now have 40 out of the 66 in 9.8 (the #41 is a 9.9). That # should be at 42 but I traded back to Brulato both the #10 9.8 Curator and #58 9.8 Curator during one of our crazy trades earlier this year. I will get them back though (hopefully).

It's such a great run and not so crazy to think a 9.8 run is possible. The #4, 7 and 8 (plus 39) will be tough, however.

Doug

Danny,

Thanks. I appreciate you giving me first crack at the #35. I too was shocked at what I felt was a very reasonable price for the X-Men 26 9.8. I guess he had looked at GPA which showed an average sale on a 9.6 at around $700 and change. Plus, 26 is fairly common in 9.6 and not a special issue, although I like the Roy Thomas story a lot.

I now have 40 out of the 66 in 9.8 (the #41 is a 9.9). That # should be at 42 but I traded back to Brulato both the #10 9.8 Curator and #58 9.8 Curator during one of our crazy trades earlier this year. I will get them back though (hopefully).

It's such a great run and not so crazy to think a 9.8 run is possible. The #4, 7 and 8 (plus 39) will be tough, however.

Doug

Dont forget about 42,52, and 59... those black covers are tough. You just have to hope that most of the books with no 9.8s begin to surface in that grade. By my count there are 20 books with the highest grade being 9.6 . You should've kept that 58! Thats one of the best covers in the run.

Danny,

You are right. The 59 isn't a black cover but it is a toughie above 9.6. I have the 9.6 Oakland copy and it's as close to 9.8 as possible. The 42 is really hard above 9.6 (I have the Northland). I have the 52 Pac Coast.

The 41 9.9 is either a double or triple cover. Pretty insane book. I'll email you a scan of it.

Doug

Danny,

You are right. The 59 isn't a black cover but it is a toughie above 9.6. I have the 9.6 Oakland copy and it's as close to 9.8 as possible. The 42 is really hard above 9.6 (I have the Northland). I have the 52 Pac Coast.

The 41 9.9 is either a double or triple cover. Pretty insane book. I'll email you a scan of it.

Doug

C'mon, Doug. Post it on the boards so all of us can drool over it. :baiting::kidaround: I think these guys are tired of seeing my 9.4's and want to see some real x-books.

Casey

Danny,

Doug

C'mon, Doug. Post it on the boards so all of us can drool over it. :baiting::kidaround: I think these guys are tired of seeing my 9.4's and want to see some real x-books.

Casey

(tsk) They are all real x-books...some are just more well loved than others :luhv: