• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Very nice CG. You people are going to make me have to get to work.

Yep. Here's one!

Nice little hole-filler for Jim's collection

Wait just a minute...... OFF-WHITE pages! :o

no, no, can't have that. NM.

;)

:o

Don't worry about it, Jim choice-1.gif , it's okay that Casey has one and you don't. It doesn't really matter.

CG

shedevil.gif

pure evil. :devil: My kind of girl. :/

Hey Sand, just remember, the people you pass on the way up are the same people you pass on the way down. :cool:

:sorry:

Yep. Here's one!

;)

Don't worry about it, Jim choice-1.gif , it's okay that Casey has one and you don't. It doesn't really matter.

CG

shedevil.gif

Hey Sand, just remember, the people you pass on the way up are the same people you pass on the way down. :cool:

Will just go about acquiring my books quietly :shy:

Yep. Here's one!

;)

CG

shedevil.gif

witchbroom.gif

After a lot of searching, I finally found an upgrade for the 4.0 that I had in the #2 slot. It was tough, because I wanted something decent without spending too much. I'm particularly pleased about this one because, I have to admit, I was losing sleep by having a humble VG in my 1-66 run. Even the holes didn't bother me so much. :insane:

This is a UK edition and it might be the highest graded UK edition (just from looking at what has been traded on GPA). Anyone know how I can find out?

x2_70_normal.jpg

dancing4dh.gif

The Ebay seller is kittytaco_comics . He appears to be new on Ebay, based on feedback. Very good seller.

CG

Wow this thread has really made me want to start collecting x-men. I am a amazing spider-man and iron man collector mostly. Can anyone recommend a good buy around $100 - $150 as a first x-men purchase?

Wow this thread has really made me want to start collecting x-men. I am a amazing spider-man and iron man collector mostly. Can anyone recommend a good buy around $100 - $150 as a first x-men purchase?

Are you a condition freak? I ask because for that money you can obviously acquire a very early issue (with Kirby interior art, e.g., 2-17) in low-mid grade, an upper mid-grade Adams issue (56-63,65), or an ultra high grade Byrne or Cockrum issue (102 and up). All are cool books.

Are you a condition freak? I ask because for that money you can obviously acquire a very early issue (with Kirby interior art, e.g., 2-17) in low-mid grade, an upper mid-grade Adams issue (56-63,65), or an ultra high grade Byrne or Cockrum issue (102 and up). All are cool books.

Agreed. If you a SA fan, you might have to stick to low-midgrade depending on which issue you want.

X-Men books may not be as expensive as what you're used to with ASM.

Above about issue #20, you should be able to afford an 8.0 or 8.5 . Even a 9.0 can often be had for under $120 or so.

{{Shameless plug - watch for my auctions that will begin tomorrow and end 9/9 }} :blush: