• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Fresh from CGC today. My scanner glass needs cleaning.

Avengers57.jpg

:o

Get the tissues ready.....your going to be crying a lot!!!

Clink Feb/Mar auction has the very first Avengers #57 9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky Mountain ped to boot.

(worship)(worship)

no scan yet, your only hope is a fugly miswrap :insane:lol

Avengers57.jpg

Clink Feb/Mar auction has the very first Avengers #57 9.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(worship)(worship)

I'm not too fussed since I know what I paid for this one and it was cheap. I'm guessing the 9.8 sells for $20,000+.

Avengers57.jpg

(worship)(worship)

I'm not too fussed since I know what I paid for this one and it was cheap. I'm guessing the 9.8 sells for $20,000+.

Half that (thumbs u

C'mon Jeff. Go for the 9.8. You know you want to.

Then you can sell your 9.6 undercopy to me!! (thumbs u

Wanting and being willing to pay are two different things. I don't want it THAT bad.

I knew Avenger books would heat up due to the upcoming movie but man they are red hot!!! Almost all of the big sites are selling out of their CGC graded stuff as soon as they list it. That goes for ComicLink and Comic Connect as well...

When will it all end.....how quickly will the prices drop after the movie comes out or do you think they can maintain these levels like ASM's have with that movie franchise???

Use to be you couldn't give the books away apart from #1, #57, #93, #100....I use to own multiple copies of each accept for #1 and they could be had for under book value very easily.... hm

There are 10 books I still need to complete my 1-100 collection, plus 7 others I'd like to upgrade at some point. But I simply can't justify paying the current going rates for those books in high grade, so I'm focusing on other titles for the time being.

I think the bubble will burst, perhaps even before the movie comes out. All those speculators who are currently snapping up Avengers will want to unload them when the movie hype is at its peak. I think they'll be in for a rude awakening when that happens. At least I hope so. If not, I may never own a copy of #9 in 9.x grade.

Did you see the price for the #2 in Pedigree's auction? $13,500. The same book was for sale for over a month at World Wide for $8,500 with no takers. Makes you scratch your head.

But a lot of the 9.6 SA Avengers went for well under their GPA. A number of 9.8 issues in the 170-190 range went for around $100 on eBay tonight, too. Not sure if the market is saturated, people are out of cash, or if people are saving up for the CLink auction.

Don't feel confident about the rest, but #1 and #4 have launched and I don't see these coming down quickly.

I'm glad I bought my #1 when I did.

I bought a raw copy last summer, slabbed it (3.5 Universal label - which is what I figured it would get), flipped it 2 months later for a very healthy profit, and bought a slabbed 6.0 late last fall.

And now 6.0s are going for nearly double what I paid for mine. I'd like to upgrade, but the upgrade cost would kill me, so I think my 6.0 is a keeper.

I bought my #4 in 2007. It's a very solid 7.0 OW - looks nicer IMHO. Again, I'd love to upgrade to a 9.x copy, but it ain't gonna happen unless the Avengers market implodes.

One can only hope.

I waited too long to get on the bandwagon so to speak but I am picking up a #100 CGC in 9.4 and a #93 CGC 9.0 from another forum member this week. I used to have a beautiful 8.5 of #57 and I know I paid less than $60 for it......I can't believe the prices these are pulling now...I think #57 is another one along with #1 & #4 that are going to stay up price wise even when the hype wears out.....just a great cover :cloud9:

Hello Board Members! NEWB here.

This is my first post (well 2nd technically, my first was yesterday in the WTB forum so I don't count it as an official post) and I want to first state that ALL OF YOU have been such a valuable resource to my comic collecting and everything else in between. I truly appreciate all of the insight and passion for collecting I have read through these boards, In a sense I feel like you guys could charge for some of the great advice you share here. I truly THANK ALL OF YOU!!! Yes, I have been one of those "anonymous" users for too long and I finally decided to change that and hopefully contribute. Ok enough of trying to be nice to avoid any hazing!

Please tell me if did this posting of a scan correct. I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to hopefully get part of this right! If it is not viewable would someone be so kind and PM me on how to do it correctly. The sad part is I am only 30......so you think I would have a clue on how to do this.

I'm a big Black Widow fan so this origin issue is an important one to me - the pedigree is a bonus! Hope it works!

Regards,

Eric

Avengers #44

Welcome to the boards Eric.

The link works fine for me though you can post images directly onto the page by using the image uploading options on the reply feature.

Please tell me if did this posting of a scan correct. I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to hopefully get part of this right! If it is not viewable would someone be so kind and PM me on how to do it correctly. The sad part is I am only 30......so you think I would have a clue on how to do this.

Hi Eric and welcome! That was an EXCELLENT second post. Just the right ingratiating tone to appease the more belligerent board members. lol:insane: Seriously, it was a good post, and I know what you mean about the wealth of knowledge to be found here.

What are your collecting interests? Fill us in.

As for your scan, as Garry said, you can embed the linked image in the page so people don't have to click away to another site to view it.

You need to host your images somewhere that you can cut/paste a URL for the image itself. (e.g. a URL that ends in ".jpg")

MobileMe seems to embed the images in the page, but if you right-click on your gallery image, you can select "copy image location". Once you've copied the URL and you're creating your new message on here, use the "enter an image" button (third from the left - the one that looks like a page with the corner bent down, with a circle, square and triangle on it), and then paste in your image URL.

Like this:

web.jpg

Beautiful book, BTW! Congrats!

Andrew