• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

For all the good it will do, and without naming names, I just sent off an email to CL about the general trend of "can't find" consignment books.  In the long run, it's in their best interests that buyers have confidence in the system.

Please let us know if you get something other than what looks like a press release.

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sadly, it just happened to me again on another 9.4 of the same issue.  I tried to buy one off the ComicLink exchange ... submitted an offer, and it was declined; submitted another offer, and this time not only was it declined, but the book was also mysteriously taken down.

About 4 years ago I put in a full price offer on a JIM 83 on the ComicLink exchange, and was told that the seller no longer had the book. It was a 7.0 for $11k, which at the time felt like a pretty good deal. I never tried that again, as it seemed to be a big waste of time.

Here's the response.  I'd judge it somewhere between a press release and an actual response.  I've highlighted what I think is the "important" part.

"I appreciate you taking time to write this email and reach out.

We are taking and continue to take steps to ensure that the books on the site are stil available for sale and that sellers are responsive to offers and buy orders. We are dependent on our sellers to a certain extent to keep their listings updated, and we can not obligate sellers to accept offers under their asking prices but we are implementing some additional steps that will make this process more streamlined. Note that one of the things that we have done in the past and will continue to do is warn and potentially strip users of selling privileges if they display a pattern of unaccepted buy orders or "inactive" listings.
The Exchange has been an active marketplace since ComicLink's launch in 1996 and our staff will continue to work to make it a great marketplace for both buyers and sellers.

Best,
Douglas Gillock, Vice President and Senior Consignment Director