• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

I get why they don't like it, I just don't agree at all. One of the very coolest things about the early Dr. Strange stories is that they were understated; like a protected secret. It set the feature apart from the rest of Stan's usual megaphone hard-sell.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:24 PM, KirbyJack said:

I get why they don't like it, I just don't agree at all. One of the very coolest things about the early Dr. Strange stories is that they were understated; like a protected secret. It set the feature apart from the rest of Stan's usual megaphone hard-sell.

Strange Tales was the backbone of Marvel's offerings in my opinion. Always there, always solid. 

I had a friend in Jr High and High school who was not a comic book collector, but absolutely loved Dr. Strange.  I think the psychedelic artwork was what he liked best.

Not counting needed upgrades, I'm down to "only" 28 Superhero issues of ST.  Naturally, it's all the really expensive ones :)

On 12/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Strange Tales was the backbone of Marvel's offerings in my opinion. Always there, always solid. 

The title had some really great runs. Kirby’s Torch and SHIELD, Steranko’s SHIELD, and of course, Ditko on Dr. Strange is one of the medium’s high points. Add to that the Kirby and Ditko pre-hero stuff, and the killer pre-code horror in the early issues, and you’ve got one of the more diverse and interesting comic books ever!