• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,132 posts in this topic

lol Well at least we both got ours with no damage. I was glad you said something in her feedback, because she flamed me after the neutral I left her saying that nobody had ever said anything about her shipping methods before.

Yeah, because it got to me safely, I left Positive... (NOT Five Stars though! lol )

But I spelled it out that her shipping was sub par even though it was positive! :devil:

I wasn't going to leave a positive feedback just because the book arrived safely, because it was extremely lucky that it did. She needed to know that you don't slap a $300 book into a flimsy little cardboard sleeve and send it on its way via Media Mail. Not cool. :frustrated:

DD7_RedDD.JPG

DD7_CaneCable.JPG

Writer and comics historian Mark Evanier has concluded (but cannot confirm) that Kirby designed the basic image of Daredevil's costume, though Everett modified it.[1] The character's original costume design was a combination of black, yellow, and red, reminiscent of acrobat tights.[2] Wally Wood, known for his 1950s EC Comics stories, penciled and inked issues #5-10, introducing Daredevil's modern red costume in issue #7.[7][8]

Issue #12 began a brief run by Jack Kirby (layouts) and John Romita, Sr. The issue marked Romita's return to superhero penciling after a decade of working exclusively as a romance-comic artist for DC. Romita had felt he no longer wanted to pencil, in favor of being solely an inker. He recalled in 1999,

I had inked an Avengers job for Stan, and I told him I just wanted to ink. I felt like I was burned out as a penciller after eight years of romance work. I didn't want to pencil any more; in fact, I couldn't work at home any more — I couldn't discipline myself to do it. He said, 'Okay,' but the first chance he had he shows me this Daredevil story somebody had started and he didn't like it, and he wanted somebody else to do it.

Romita later elaborated that,

Stan showed me D ick Ayers' splash page for a Daredevil. He asked me, "What would you do with this page?" I showed him on a tracing paper what I would do, and then he asked me to do a drawing of Daredevil the way I would do it. I did a big drawing of Daredevil ... just a big, tracing-paper drawing of Daredevil swinging. And Stan loved it.

Wally Wood created this costume that most people know well. This costume also had a billy club holster. In early issues, it was shown that the horns on the costume were antennae that could pick up radiowaves. His billy club was also shown to have a retractable microphone, a minature tape recorder, wire cable, and a chamber for projectiles.

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-costumes-and-alternate-versions.shtml

(thumbs u